Business Development Manager
£30,000-£35,000 DOE + benefits
Newcastle upon Tyne
Sales & Marketing,
Established in 1979, Central Employment is the oldest independent recruiter in the North East with over 40 years of industry expertise. Over the years, we have worked with and recruited for some of the largest businesses and brand names in the North East. Specialising in temporary, contract and permanent recruitment across a broad spectrum of industries supplying staff with full UK coverage.
|We are now recruiting for a dynamic Business Development Manager, looking at developing, creating new business opportunities across our core service areas. The main role will see the successful candidate building new relationships with new/prospective sectors/verticals. You will be responsible for the promotion of our award-winning and bespoke recruitment services and training opportunities. The successful candidate will thrive under pressure and be able to work effectively to deadlines.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage with new clients to promote Central Employment’s core services
- Manage identified contracts and activities to ensure all agreed targets and deadlines are met.
- Identify new business opportunities and develop the growth of existing client bases.
- Promote Central Employment through the effective use of social networking, telesales, e marketing, website, literature and other relevant marketing means.
- Uphold and promote Central Employment’s policies and procedures, promoting those specifically applicable to this area of work, including the Equal Opportunities policies and procedures
- Keep up to date, so far as necessary for the efficient executing of the job role, with new products, promotions and new government initiatives
- Be conversant with and participate in activities and developments at company, regional and national level which are relevant to the post and as directed by the Management team
- Present and promote a professional image in representing Central Employment
- Ensure information is secure and meets the requirements of data protection legislation
Skills, Qualities, Knowledge
- A sales qualification would be advantageous
- Successful track record of selling B2B services securing new and repeat business
- Experience within recruitment focussed organisation would be advantageous, but not essential
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve effective outcomes
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- To be able to co-ordinate a diverse range of projects and activities simultaneously
- Ability to understand the products, delivery models and contractual compliance requirements
- Knowledge of current national initiatives affecting the industry
- Confident and professional
- Results and target driven
- Ability to motivate others
- Independent and self-motivated
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and multi-task.