Head of SEO
Central Employment are delighted to be working with a leading Performance Marketing agency in the North of England, as they look to appoint a Head of SEO, creating and executing a range of high profile clients SEO strategy, plus developing and growing a team of SEO experts.
The Head of SEO role:
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals – general and keyword specific Perform keyword research in coordination with client business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities
- Provide SEO analysis and recommendations in coordination with elements and structure of websites and web pages
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals – general and keyword specific
- Administer search engine programs (XML sitemaps, shopping feeds, webmaster tools) for purposes of diagnostic reporting on client projects
- Help to create and support marketing content to socialize and use for social media purposes (e.g., customer videos briefs, customer case studies, blog posts, posts from analysts and customers)
- Implement link building campaigns in coordination with client SEO goals
- Assist in development and execution of communication/content strategies via social communities in coordination with SEO goals
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine, social media and internet marketing industry trends and developments
- Monitor and administer web analytics dashboards, reports, and key reporting tools, and point out key areas of importance in accordance client goals
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels
- Communication to team and management on project development, timelines, client strategies and results
- Work closely with the other team members to meet client goals, career development and overall SEO knowledge
- Passion for SEO and internet marketing
- Strong content writing for SEO
- Understanding of UX
- Outstanding ability to think creatively and identify and resolve problems.
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere.
- The ability to manage and develop SEO team members.
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
What we are looking for
- Excellent knowledge of current Ecommerce, Web and Digital Marketing industry trends
- 5+ years’ experience in Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) gained in-house or within a SEO/Digital Agency
- Lead and developed a team of SEO specialists from Content, Technical and Digital PR & Outreach
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics as well as internal reporting tool
- Experience working with popular keyword tools (Google, Word Tracker, Keyword Discovery, etc)
- Experience working with CMS and building/administering content in CMS environments
- Desired: Knowledge of HTML/CSS and website administrations AdWords Certified would be advantageous.