Head of SEO
Central Employment are looking to recruit a Head of SEO based in the North East for a growing UK Search and Paid Search Agency. Reporting into the Director of SEO, this is an ideal opportunity for an experienced Technical SEO Account Manager or a SEO Manager with strong leadership and management skills.
The key competencies required are as follows:
- Campaign / project KPIs, reporting
- In collaboration with sales and client teams, ensure that campaign and project KPIs are clearly understood, aligned with client needs, agreed, documented and disseminated to your delivery team.
- Ownership of reporting formats, ensuring accuracy of data and quality of insight is maintained and continually improved.
- Campaign / project scheduling, QA
- Ensure activity is progressed to schedule, delays clearly communicated to relevant stakeholders, quality control is effective. QA responsibility is owned by you
- The highest escalation point for any SEO related queries & problems
- Timely, prompt and responsive
- Considered & diplomatic in response
- Clear and concise; avoid ambiguity, suggests solutions before options
- Prepared for a range of outcomes
- Communication goals always in mind
- Very high levels of attention to detail
- Able to create a narrative around a solution, campaign, report
- Insightful in pitches, reports and presentations
- Be the ‘go to’ person; recognised expert and thought leader
- Visible thought leadership via commentary, interviews and training delivery
- Attending pitches as the SEO expert
- Pioneering new ways of working, evolution of best practice, use of best in class platforms and technologies
- Comfortable in adapting to evolved business process, picking up broad themes and executing in context of team needs and structures
- Confident is questioning established systems / process and offering constructive feedback / improved solutions
- As per commercial focus, takes the lead in identifying need for new products, services, pivotal in defining and delivering in line with agency strategic planning
- Overall team management
- Takes the lead in developing and evolving detailed team job descriptions
- Clarification on specifics of PDPs during annual reviews
- Managing agreed training schedules as specified within job descriptions and annual reviews
- Training needs analysis as required
- You will be a senior SEO practitioner, with a minimum 3 years experience in managing large scale SEO campaigns.
- You may already be leading a team, and now looking for a move to an agency with true ambition. You will be confident in both campaign and team leadership
We are happy to look at candidates with the right skill set from the North East, South East regions.