Health and Safety Officer
Central Employment is looking for an experienced and highly motivated EHS to join our pharmaceutical client based in Cramlington. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing independent safety and environmental advice and support across all departments at the site level. The role involves maintaining the practical application of company safety and environmental management standards, integrating relevant UK legal requirements.
- Oversee critical risk management programs and foster cross-functional collaboration.
- Manage site licenses, permits, and regulatory interfaces for compliance.
- Offer expert guidance for major capital projects to ensure compliance and design standard requirements.
- Coordinate and drive strategic projects defined by the site leadership team.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders on and off site.
- Provide off-site support for internal audits and peer reviews.
- Manage and maintain the site risk and regulatory registers, internal management system audits and annual EHS management review.
- Coordinate resources to deliver effective EHS support services.
- Develop, define, and monitor EHS metrics for safety improvement processes.
- Evaluate EHS aspects of operations, propose alternatives, and focus on continuous improvement.
- Participate in project teams to ensure appropriate EHS support during design/planning/installation.
- Deliver EHS training to teams on and off site.
- Coordinate activities in response to site emergency alarms as part of the site emergency response plan.
- Perform the role of Emergency Controller or Emergency Management Team EHS representative.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Relevant qualifications and experience in EHS management (NEBOSH Diploma level, graduate/post-graduate degree level Science/Engineering qualification, or related).
- Membership in a Professional Institute (e.g., IOSH, IEMA, IRM – Tech, Grad, or Full Member).
- Strong team leadership ability and well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Clear communicator both written and verbal with the ability to respond to changing priorities.