Health and Safety Technician
Central Employment Agency is currently seeking a dedicated individual to join the Health and Safety team at our pharmaceutical client in Cramlington. In this role, you will play a pivotal part in providing crucial safety and environmental support to our site-based operational teams. Your responsibilities will be diverse, spanning both administrative duties and health and safety support functions.
- Creating reports and presentations.
- Manage applications for incident and compliance calendar management.
- Assist in administering operational procedures, guidelines, and controlled documentation for EHS.
- Provide general support to the EHS function
- Contribute to the publication and distribution of health and safety information and relevant fact sheets.
- Assist in updating and creating EHS-related Learning and Development materials.
- Organize centralized safety & environmental information, including documentation archives.
- Support departmental continuous improvement processes and KPIs.
- Collaborate on tasks related to company financial systems, purchase requisition, and invoice processing.
- Learn and contribute to maintaining registers of EHS legislation and staying current with legislative requirements and Company standards.
- Assist in compiling company environmental data and supporting the development of EHS metrics.
- Contribute to supporting operational risk assessments and maintaining oversight of the risk assessment framework.
- Participate in investigations of accidents and incidents, supporting corrective/preventative action.
- Assist in delivering EHS elements of site induction training for new staff.
- Contribute to defining EHS-related training needs and participating in training delivery or liaising with external providers.
- Learn to maintain and communicate relevant EHS information to site stakeholders
- Participation in the site EHS inspection and audit program, evaluation of findings, and effectiveness of CAPA.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Health and Safety qualification
- Strong organisational skills, logical thinking, and a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Power BI.
- Flexible, confident, proactive, methodical, and detail-oriented.
- Good communication and teamwork skills