On behalf of our client, a well-established packaging manufacturer mainly for the food industry, we are recruiting for Maintenance Engineers – either Electrical or Mechanical biased on a permanent basis.
Established in 1979, Central Employment is an independent recruiter in the Northeast with over 40 years of industry expertise.
Overview of the role:
Working as part of a team, you will carry out planned preventative maintenance along with working on breakdown maintenance. You will be required to diagnose both electrical and mechanical faults on a range of equipment associated with production and site services, as well as carry out improvements and project work.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out planned maintenance activities as scheduled by the maintenance plan
- Attend and repair breakdowns as required, and report all actions carried out and any further actions required
- Report in a comprehensive manner, all work activities carried out on a daily/shift basis
- Be proactive in preventing equipment failures and improving overall equipment performance by generating and implementing ideas and modifications
- Provide a service that meets agreed service levels, including minimising downtime and communicating effectively with relevant personnel
- Provide a service that meets food packaging standards, whilst maintaining standards of housekeeping and personal hygiene
- Maintain and help improve health and safety standards and ensure that staff work in a safe environment by eliminating, minimising and controlling risks to themselves and others
- Cooperate with contractors and as far as possible ensure their adherence to site rules, health and safety and food safety standards
- Undertake training as required to further enhance individual’s skills and knowledge so that the level of support to the frontline operations remains effective and efficient
- Train others if required so that they are able to carry out their expected work duties to the required standards
- Identify performance issues and implement appropriate and pragmatic solutions through the use of problem solving skills, tools and techniques
- In consultation with the appropriate personnel, be able to correctly prioritise the workload for the overall benefit of the site performance
- Must be able to work to agreed deadlines where necessary
- Must be willing to work under the guidance of departmental and site KPI’s to maximise business performance
Hours and Pay:
This is a permanent role working on a 3 on 3 off shift pattern – 12 hours shifts (7-7) including both days and nights (training will be given on days)
Pay rate is £17.50 during training on days then will increase to £18.20-£18.57 depending on skill sets
If you have worked in thermoforming, Injection Moulding or within print in a similar role this would be highly advantageous.