Project Quantity Surveyor
Central Employment are proud to announce its partnership with a new client based in Sandsend who are actively seeking a Project Quantity Surveyor to join their team on a permanent basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be reporting to the Managing Surveyor based in London liaising remotely and visiting monthly.
- Be able to control all commercial tasks and responsibilities.
- Maintain all cost control procedures working within the guidelines set out within the Group commercial management policies and procedures. Inclusive of budget control, liability projections and provision of monthly cost reporting and Cost Value Reconciliation’s including estimated final costs.
- Provide regular project cashflow forecasts.
- Be responsible for the compilation of all weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports as required.
- Be aware of new materials and methods of construction which the company may employ, as well as a sound knowledge of latest regulations, codes of practice and NHBC or similar warranty providers requirements.
- Contribute to design meetings and workshops to ensure works are kept within the budgeted values.
- Contribute to the production of the initial budget.
- Provide value engineering options and present to the management team to aid the achievement of best value.
- Prepare sub-contract & supplier tender enquiries using group procedures.
- Compile subcontractor and supplier comparisons & recommendations for approval.
- Process Subcontract orders in line with the group policy and procedures
- Manage subcontract variations and instructions in line with the group policy and procedures.
- Attend all project and team meetings as required, and present the commercial position at any relevant meetings
- Compile Interim Valuations
- Complete any other duties as required by the Senior Management
- Candidate should have a minimum of an Honours Degree in Quantity Surveying or a similar relevant subject.
- Experience in a similar and relevant role with proven experience in the Hotel / Leisure / Residential sector is desirable.
- RICS qualified preferred but not essential.
- Candidate should enjoy working as part of a team but must also be able to take ownership and work independently, whilst keeping senior management updated.
- Experience with working and reporting to various stakeholders and funders.
- Computer literate with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong analytical skills and experience creating and managing financial models.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills.
Hours and Location:
This role is based on-site in Sandsend however travel to London once a month may be required, working hours of Monday – Friday 8am-5:30pm. If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!
The salary is negotiable between £40-£50k per annum and includes –
- 50% Employee discount across the hotel, including Food, Beverage, Spa Treatments and Hotel Stays.
- 25% discount across the hotel for Friends and Family.
- Access to a 24 hour helpline and mobile App to support you through any of life’s issues or problems.
- Free Parking
- Staff food provided when on shift.