B2B PR Account Manager
Central Employment are seeking a client facing B2B PR Account Manager to join one of the North of England’s fastest growing PR, Digial and Creative Agencies.
Purpose of the PR Account Manager:
To lead the delivery of PR campaigns for multiple life science clients, including strategy development, implementation and tracking success. Key activities will include media relations, copywriting and digital outreach. Lead on several B2B PR accounts in an account management role. Drive operational efficiency and generally ‘make things better’ all the time.
Main Responsibilities of the PR Account Manager:
- Account management of a portfolio of life science clients.
- Setting, tracking, analysing and reporting on key metrics for campaigns and producing monthly client reports.
- Managing relationships with external clients and suppliers, leading client meetings and correspondence.
- Managing internal project teams and resource to meet client deadlines and demands.
- Spotting opportunities to grow client accounts and add value to campaigns through additional services.
- Supporting with the creation of new business proposals and presentations when required.
- PR and content campaign strategy development, planning and execution.
- Researching and writing content including press releases, blog posts, opinion pieces, case studies, social media content, whitepapers, award entries and articles etc.
- Monitoring the media and proactively identifying opportunities for clients.
- Liaising with the media to sell in feature ideas and issuing press releases to journalist contacts.
- Research on behalf of clients to support campaigns e.g. awards, competitors etc.
- Media monitoring across client accounts including collating, analysing and evaluating media coverage.
- Assist in the PR planning process including researching and collating media lists, sourcing editorial calendars, feature tracking, researching client events and identifying speaking/sponsorship opportunities.
- Digital list building and outreach to secure digital PR opportunities to support SEO.
- Organising and overseeing media interviews and preparing briefing documents for spokespeople.
- Attending trade events and coordinating client activities such as media interviews.
- Interviewing client spokespeople to develop thought leadership content for use in PR campaigns and wider marketing efforts.
- Actively producing content to support SEO including guest blogs, case studies and topical/insightful articles.
- Preparing copy for client marketing materials such as magazine, brochures, invites and emailers.
- Drafting web copy for client websites.
- Assisting with brand strategy and messaging development requirements.
Background, Experience Required:
- You’ll need to demonstrate a genuine thirst for knowledge and passion for all things PR and content. The PR manager is a talented, motivated and well-organised individual with the skills and desire to manage and take ownership of PR campaigns and supporting tactics such as media relations, digital outreach and content creation.
- Knowledge of the industry and latest trends is essential. This means you’ll have an excellent understanding of PR and communication tools (operationally) and insights into current/future trends to enable you to add value to client projects. You’ll also be a strong copywriter with a focus on attention to detail.
- You’ll be expected to present both externally to clients and internally to the team on a regular basis. Not only that, you will produce analytical and written reports on the status of campaigns to support your ongoing work. You’ll be involved in a variety of projects so must be able to contribute innovative ideas using your experience in the industry.
- Strong B2B communications experience is a must.