Digital Account Manager
Central Employment are supporting an international software development and web solutions firm, as they look to recruit a Digital Account Manager based from their North East HQ.
Purpose of the Digital Account Manager:
The Account Manager is responsible for assisting the Head of Client Services with the management of the day-to-day relationship with clients, to grow and retain their business. The primary role of the AM is to ensure that the contracted services and products are delivered to the clients’ satisfaction, that all interruptions to services are resolved in accordance with agreed service levels and that the client is kept informed at all times. Working with with Business Development Team and the Head of Client Services to identify opportunities to secure further business with existing clients – including setting and meeting targets for potential sales through the provision of either new solutions or additional services.
The main duties of the Digital Account Manager:
- Create and submit monthly reports to clients to demonstrate the successful delivery of services, noting issues experienced and resolved during the period and highlighting opportunities to continually improve the services delivered or products in use;
- Establish monthly service review meetings with clients to directly discuss ongoing performance, identify their level of satisfaction with the services provided allowing them to highlight any challenges or concerns the may have, agree a plan of action to rectify or escalate as required;
- Through feedback gained from the reports and service review meetings, identify opportunities to enhance existing relationships with clients, to grow and retain their business;
- Assist with the development of marketing collateral, presentation material and proposals to create a compelling pitch to existing clients for further business, meeting or exceeding agreed sales targets;
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debrief meetings and planning sessions.
- Develop an annual forecast of expected business from existing clients/accounts and opportunities for additional business – including timing, resource requirements, revenue and risks;
- Identify opportunities for marketing campaigns, press releases, case studies and client testimonials, new or existing distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales;
- Attend appropriate industry conferences, forums and networking events; provide feedback and information on sector, market and development trends.
- Seek feedback from clients on their satisfaction with the services and products provided, ensure complaints are handled appropriately and escalated as required, remediation plans are developed and implemented as agreed with the client informed at all stages;
Essential Experience required:
- A track record of successful client account management within the digital and software sectors, across differing markets with evidence of developing existing relationships, achieving continued client satisfaction and thereby retention;
- Experience of working within a related digital agency – web, design and build or digital transformation
- Strong motivation for delivering excellent customer service;
- Excellent commercial understanding of the delivery of bespoke software development services and products, motivated to exceed sales targets;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral – a confident communicator; adept in translating detailed technical issues, challenges or opportunities to non-technical audiences;
- Confident with natural organisational, influencing, negotiating and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to operate at all levels, winning and retaining client confidence, building long-term relationships;
- Proactive with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude and desire to succeed;
- Professional with clear integrity of approach;
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively on their own or within a team;
- A high standard of personal presentation.