Business Development Executive
Central Employment are currently working alongside an award winning technology organisation in the Tyne and Wear area. Due to planned growth, they have an opportunity for a Business Development Executive to join an experienced telecoms sales team.
Due to another successful year of growth, our client is looking to expand their sales team and bring on an experienced and enthusiastic Business Development Executive, to source new sales opportunities for telecoms solutions.
Purpose of the Business Development Executive
The BDE role will involve securing new clients within a target market, sector or region for our range of telecom products including IP PBX, hosted telephone systems, SIP and ISDN lines, Leased/Ethernet Lines, MPLS and broadband.
- Deliver a ‘New Business’ Gross Profit target, broken down quarterly and monthly
- Achieve pre-set KPI’s geared towards generating opportunities
- Devise a strategy for targeting your agreed market, sector or region
- Follow up on referrals and any new leads provided
- To liaise with internal staff to ensure new business is provisioned correctly
- Update the CRM system with all activity and complete other ad hoc reports on request
- Provide regular, accurate sales forecasts
- Completing sales visits, discussing business and telecoms requirements and articulating how the company can address these needs.
- Present solutions and summary of proposals to clients
- Ensure the company is always positively represented
- Intelligent, Challenging, Engaging and Enthusiastic
- Commercial and Creative
- Self-Starter and Motivated
- Target Driven
Experience and Knowledge
- Experience of dealing with SMEs
- Possess demonstrable experience of managing a complete sales cycle from opportunity creation to completing a sale within the B2B product and services environment.
- Proven track record of consistently achieving new business targets
- Be confident in conversing with and presenting to senior management and directors.
- Previous experience with telecoms or IT experience is desirable but not essential
Skills and Abilities
- Be articulate, driven, positive with a can do will do attitude.
- Be articulate, professional, credible, ethical and possesses good business acumen.
- Able to network effectively, identify opportunities, close deals, and effectively manage the after-sales process, build strong internal and external relationships
- Have a confident, friendly outgoing personality and be a good team player
- Display hunger, enthusiasm, motivation and passion to succeed
- Full Clean UK Driving License
- Good IT skills including MS Word, Excel and CRM