Sales Account Manager
Central Employment are delighted to working with a leading UK Metals organisation, as they look to appoint an additional Sales Account Manager to join there HQ in Newcastle.
Internal account management and sales order processing, with the aim of maintaining and developing the sales of Metals stock range to small and medium accounts in accordance with the business plan.
- Taking Inbound customer telephone, fax and e-mail orders/enquiries
- Price negotiation with customers/prospects in line with company pricing policy and customer history to achieve target gross margins
- Outbound B2B telephone prospecting to engineering companies from lapsed list, key targets and self-generated target companies. This includes qualifying prospects and fact finding of spend and material used
- Sales administration and order processing of daily sales and customer query’s via stock management system (cash or credit)
- Effective purchasing negotiation and order/stock fulfilment via supply chain using telephone and stock management system
- Contract/sales order review to provide excellent service and correct order fulfilment on time first time.
- Daily communication with and progressive Customer Relationship Management of key small and medium sized accounts
- Internal liaison with office management, warehouse and stock support function
Key Competencies and Characteristics required:
- Experience from within the Multi Metals trade would be a distinct advantage OR have a B2B sales and account management within the Manufacturing and Engineering sectors.
- Self-Driven results orientated with a focus on margin growth and profitability.
- General business acumen, with an ability to understand basic business finances such as turnover & gross margin.
- Excellent face to face and telephone communicator able to demonstrate success and experience managing large and small accounts.
- Basic IT skills around Microsoft office software such as word, excel, and e-mail
- Team player, organised with an eye for detail being critical to the role