Interim Programme Manager
Central Employment is currently collaborating with a fantastic property investment company in Ashington that is seeking to hire an Interim Programme Manager till June 2024.
As the Programme Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of the Ashington High Street Innovation Project. This includes coordinating staff across Advance, appointing external consultants, and ensuring compliance with the North of Tyne Combined Authority (NTCA) funding agreement. Your role involves collaboration with Northumberland County Council, the NTCA, and delivery partners to successfully deliver the programme, contributing to economic growth initiatives in the North of Tyne region.
- Develop and manage the Ashington High Street Innovation Project.
- Ensure compliance with the NTCA funding agreement and manage the Project Support Officer.
- Fulfill internal and external evidence and audit requirements.
- Support businesses through the Ashington High Street Innovation Project.
- Implement a detailed project strand plan to achieve objectives.
- Promote the project, establishing close ties with business support networks and SMEs.
- Act as the primary contact for the business support element of the wider project.
- Support Northumberland County Council in servicing the Ashington High Street.
- Adhere to the Advance Northumberland Procurement Policy.
Internal and External Relationships:
- Collaborate with internal colleagues across Finance, Estates, Development, and Economic Growth.
- Engage with Northumberland County Council, North Tyneside Council, and Newcastle City Council.
- Liaise with the NTCA, businesses, individuals in the Ashington area, external funding bodies, and business providers in the NTCA and NELEP area.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Degree-level education with a relevant professional qualification in Business/Economic Development/Rural Economy or Project Management.
- Experience in managing and delivering grant programs for economic growth.
- Track record in team management and project/programme budgeting.
- Ability to work with diverse sectors and stakeholders.
- Familiarity with NTCA financial and output management.
- Proficient in project management tools, data analysis, and presentation.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and networking skills.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly advanced Excel proficiency.
- Strong numerical skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- Effective workload management and response to varying priorities.
- Achievement of key milestones.
- High-functioning team.
- Successful uptake of the Ashington High Street Innovation Project as outlined in the business case.
- Sound financial management.
- Implementation of effective monitoring systems.
- Enhancement and maintenance of Advance Northumberland’s reputation in delivering strategic outcomes across all activities.
If you are a dedicated professional looking for a challenging role in a thriving company, we invite you to apply. The role is Monday-Friday 8:30 am- 5 pm with some evening events to attend.