Human Resources Office Assistant
Central Employment is collaborating with an award-winning law firm looking to hire a Human Resources Office Assistant to join their team in Newcastle.
An exciting opportunity has emerged for a dedicated individual to join our client’s team as an HR and Office Assistant. This role involves providing crucial support to the HR and Office Manager, working within a fast-paced environment as an integral part of the administrative support team.
- Provide administrative support to the HR and Office Manager, contributing to HR improvement projects.
- Maintain centralized HR administration, including tracking absences, holidays, new starters, trainees, and leavers.
- Support the recruitment process, including interview scheduling and reference applications.
- Assist in setting up onboarding and induction programs, including training for new employees.
- Conduct desk assessments and set up workstations for new employees and trainees.
- Arrange weekly health and safety checks, maintain H&S information, and handle distribution.
- Oversee the upkeep of the car park scheme and daily maintenance.
- Manage the ordering of stationery and consumables, conducting cost analysis.
- Mentor new admin team members and oversee apprentices.
- Arrange building maintenance and obtain quotes.
- Coordinate meeting room bookings, set up IT equipment for meetings, and order catering when required.
- Collate data from various systems to produce Excel reports.
- Issue and collect file review forms, and procure monthly reports.
- Assist in Archives and Reception when cover is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ideally working towards a CIPD qualification.
- Awareness of client confidentiality, information security, and data protection.
- Highly organised with the ability to multitask and prioritize workload effectively.
- Proactive in contributing to internal process improvements.
- Ability to train and mentor new staff members.
- Experience with IrisHR and Access Legal would be advantageous.
- Collaborative mindset with the ability to liaise with colleagues and external service providers.
- Ideally possesses a Mental Health First Aid Certificate.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, increasing with the length of service.
- Healthcare and benefits package.
- Employee social events.