Taxation Assistant Manager
Central Employment is currently recruiting for one of our Accountancy Practices in Durham to recruit Taxation Assistant Manager. Our Client is a reputable accounting firm seeking an Taxation Assistant Manager to join their team.
Duties of the Role:
- Collaborate with the team in reviewing income, P11D, and corporation tax returns from various systems, including CCH, Iris, and Taxshield, and provide feedback as necessary
- Develop and coach Taxation Associates, Senior Associates, and Seniors by reviewing their work and providing guidance • Conduct research on complex tax planning issues to provide accurate recommendations and solutions
- Assist tax partners and directors in handling complicated cases involving residency, R&D, remuneration planning, and capital gains tax
- Conduct initial reviews of draft tax computations produced by audit and accounts colleagues
- Address any concerns raised by tax colleagues on the draft tax returns and computations
- Serve as a point of contact for clients for ad hoc queries and provide support as required
- Participate actively in team meetings and contribute to discussions
- Provide training, guidance, and support to members of the team as required
- Contribute to marketing activities to promote the department and partnership
- Attend client and external events as required
- Attend clients’ sites or homes as required
- Make suggestions to improve the department and the firm’s systems and processes.
- The post holder will be expected to undertake any additional tasks reasonably expected within the scope and grading of the role.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Fully Aca or CTA Qualified.
- Tax experience gained within the Practice.
- Experience in using Tax preparation software.
- Have Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to check work for accuracy.
- To be able to solve problems.
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge with Excel.
Benefits & Hours:
- Hours: Monday- Friday 8:30am-5:00pm 37.5
- 9- Day Fortnight.
- Hybrid working and flexibility.
- Professional Subscriptions.
- Development Opportunities.
- 22 days holiday and bank holidays 1 day for their birthday.
- 16-25 rail Card.
- Perk Box.
- Private Health Insurance.