Our client is a leading independent firm of Chartered Accountants based in Newcastle upon Tyne. Their commitment to excellence extends across client service, employee training, and the entire employee experience. With approximately 180 professionals on their team, they’re dedicated to being the best at what they do and continuously expanding their client base.
Due to recent growth, our client’s Payroll team is seeking a driven and enthusiastic Payroll Administrator to join their city centre office. The ideal candidate will preferably be proficient with Star payroll or other similar payroll software packages. We’re looking for individuals who are proactive, highly numerate, and have a keen attention to detail.
- Process end-to-end weekly and monthly payrolls for organisations of varying sizes and complexities.
- Set up pension schemes with various providers, including calculations and distribution of necessary data.
- Collaborate with clients to understand their needs and cultivate excellent professional relationships.
- Conduct reconciliations, and manual calculations, and address client queries.
Experience & Skills
- Essential experience in a payroll bureau.
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently on various payrolls end-to-end.
- Good knowledge of Star payroll software would be preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel (import/export) and Outlook.
- Ability to transfer data from a payroll system to Microsoft Excel and/or other payroll systems.
- Good knowledge of the Bacs payment process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- A willingness to provide the best service possible to clients with a flexible approach to tasks.
- Have an organized, thorough, and diligent approach to work, with the ability to prioritize and manage deadlines effectively.
- Act in a trustworthy capacity at all times and demonstrate superb integrity.
- Due to the nature of work in a professional services firm and, in particular, the need to meet client deadlines, flexibility, and strong time management skills are essential.
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health & wellbeing program
- Referral program
- Sick pay
- Performance Bonus