The EU Settlement Scheme is open. You can apply now if you meet the criteria.
The deadline for applying is 30 June 2021. You must usually have started living in the UK by 31 December 2020.
You need to apply if:
- you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
- you’re not an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, but your family member is (or is an eligible person of Northern Ireland)
The EEA includes the EU countries and also Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
This means you need to apply even if you:
- were born in the UK but are not a British citizen – you can check if you’re a British citizen if you’re not sure
- have a UK ‘permanent residence document’
- are a family member of an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen who does not need to apply – including if they’re from Ireland
- are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen with a British citizen family member
If you are currently employed by Central Employment you will be receiving an email with instructions on how to apply, in order to speed up the process please follow the steps below to apply now.
We will not be able to offer you any additional work after 30 June 2021 without proof that you have applied by 30 June 2021.
- If you haven’t applied- Please visit https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families to start your application & email firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know you have applied.
- If you have applied and waiting for a decision, please email email@example.com to let them know you are waiting for your letter.
- If you already received your decision- please go to https://www.gov.uk/view-prove-immigration-status and generate the code to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you generate it.
If your application to the EU Settlement Scheme is successful, you’ll be able to continue living and working in the UK after 30 June 2021, your rights and status will remain the same until 30 June 2021.
For more information please visit https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-citizens-families