On behalf of our client, who are focused on design, build and maintenance of telecom infrastructure for key clients in the fixed telecoms market. We are currently looking to recruit poling teams or individuals on a PAYE system with synthetics.
Established in 1979, Central Employment is the oldest independent recruiter in the Northeast with over 40 years of industry expertise
Overview of the company
Our client brings commitment, innovation, teamwork, and long-term partnerships. Who deliver a wide range of essential services to the utilities, transport, data and telecoms sectors across the UK and Ireland.
- Proven track record of installation and removal of poles, including dressing of new poles
- Safe excavation works and use of CAT and Genny
- Replacing/renewing existing drop-wires.
- Operate pole erection unit in line with H&S legislations
- Cable jointing
- Replacing/ renewing block and tails
- Ensuring all works are completed in accordance with service level agreements
- Undertaking works in accordance with health and safety and company and client health and safety standards.
- Operate MEWP and work at heights on telegraph poles
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Full Cat C Driving Licence (Max 6 Points)
- Digital Tacho card and familiar with domestic hours and WTD
- Flexible and can work away from home when required.
- PEU experience and loader slinger license NPORS or equivalent
- Self-motivated, and able to stay calm in pressure situations.
- Excellent time management
- Good communication skills, with internal and external clients’ representatives.
- Organised and lead by example, results driven.
- Tablet and smart phone literate
- Worked within the Openreach and overhead and underground networks
- Hold a full NRSWA Street works qualification at operative level.
- Able to use mobile devices of on-site documentation
- IPAF -B1
- Telecommunication: 1 year (required)
Monday-Friday, however you will be required to be able to stay away overnight/s where the work is out of local commutable distances. Along with some additional Overtime.
- Permanent role
- Salary of £26,000 Basic + synthetics and bonus.
- Company Pension
- Overtime available
- Scotland – Dumfries
- South Yorkshire – Wombwell
- Southwest – North Devon
- Wales – Port Talbot