Network Cabling Engineer
Salary: £22,000 - £32,000 per annum depending on experience
Job Type: Permanent
On behalf of our client, who are the leading specialist provider of Telecom Network build and installation services, we are looking for Network Cabling Engineers in the North East.
Established in 1979, Central Employment is the oldest independent recruiter in the Northeast with over 40 years of industry expertise.
Overview of the company
For over 35 years this company have been delivering service excellence on a nationwide basis. They are Turnkey specialist building high-quality communication networks as well as being a specialist provider in FTTP.
Due to continued growth and further expansion, we require additional Network cabling Engineers
In this role you will be required to be part of our activations team. As a cabling engineer you will be required to Test, Rod and roping of customer ducts, cabling ducts and blowing of fibre optic cable bundles.
- Reporting to the supervisor daily.
- Ideally with have some site experience working on Openreach or Virgin Media Networks.
- Experience of working on copper and Fibre optic infrastructures.
- Installing new duct work and chambers
- Clearing blockages
- Rod, Rope and Testing
- Complying with specification for reinstatement of opening highways (SROH)
- Required to work in any of the work flows of a Fibre optic build, TRR, UG Cabling or pulling, OH cabling or pulling in of subducts or as required by your supervisor.
- To open and close footway or chamber lids
- Set up ladder, climb poles in a safe manner
- Submit 100% accurate and complete reports.
- Providing professional client service
- Work efficiently in a quality manner.
Monday-Friday, however you will be required to be able to stay away overnight/s where the work is out of local commutable distances. Along with some additional Overtime.
North East England, however due to the fluidity of projects may require travelling and lodging away and should be deemed as a national Role.
- Experience in the communications industry would be beneficial.
- Hold the accredited Openreach accreditations for this role.
- Qualified with NRSWA
- Ideally hold PIA accreditations (Preferred)
- 33 Days holiday including bank holidays
- Full UK manual driving license held for 2 years is required for the role and over the age of 21 for insurance purposes.
- Salary Rates £22-£32k depending on experience (Negotiable)
- Experience in the Civils and Communication industry would be beneficial.
- Experience on-street infrastructure installation
- Hold a valid CSCS Card
Full UK manual driving license held for 2 years is essential for the role and over the age of 21 for insurance purposes.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for a Network cabling Engineer to progress in their career.