SEO Planning Manager
As SEO Planning Manager, you are ultimately responsible for the strategy and campaign activity for key SEO clients. Your role requires you to take ownership of identifying and implementing the appropriate programme of SEO activities to ensure the right work is delivered for clients to hit forecast targets against their business objectives.
Building strong relationships and taking overall responsibility for everything from quality of work completed through to devising award-worthy, innovative & insight driven strategies. As a senior member of the department your focus should always be on delivering the best results for our clients, and supporting the Head of SEO to develop the regional SEO product. You will lead a small team of SEO Executives/Assistants and mentor them towards their career development. You will coordinate and direct supporting teams such tech, digital PR, editorial, creative, analytics and paid social to deliver SEO programmes.
Key accountabilities of the SEO Planning Manager:
- Ensure the consistent performance of your clients vs forecast – ensuring that any activity holding the client from performing is addressed at all levels
- Work as part of the SEO senior team – helping to organize training and product development, demonstrating examples of innovative product development
- Own the key relationships with the client and senior client service teams
- New business research and pitch document production, followed by pitching to potential new clients.
- Manage the training and development of the Executives and/or assistants in your team – ensuring they have consistent PDP structure reviewed quarterly
- Manage and provide solutions to escalated problems raised by the executives and assistants in your team
- Ensure all client work is delivered as per project plan – updated on a monthly basis to confirm to clients what work has/hasn’t been delivered with a solution to how we move forwards
- Continually review & suggest changes to strategy based on current performance and its impact to client’s business goals and identifying increased budget opportunities across your clients
- Work with team to understand & prioritise workloads, meetings etc.
- 3+ years’ experience in SEO/ Search working preferably working on tier 1 clients / accounts
- 1+ years’ experience in team management and / or mentoring and coaching others
- Minimum 2:1 Degree or relevant experience in a role with transferable skills
- Highly literate in MS excel, PowerPoint, Office and word
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multi task
- Excellent communicator, comfortable with showing what data means and how we can take action based upon it
- Excellent Presentation skills.