Senior Client Project Manager
Central Employment are delighted to be working exclusively with a leading North East integrated communications agency, as they look to appoint of a Senior Client Project Manager. Based from the North East, however due to the companies client portfolio and reach, UK travel would be expected.
Purpose of the Senior Client Project Manager:
As part of the company’s senior management team you will be entrepreneurial and ambitious by nature and able to assist in the growth of the agency. You’ll be attending weekly and monthly reports meetings with other heads of teams to update on your team’s performance and client activities. Ensuring that relevant client strategies are set-up and delivered to successfully meet client goals and that you personally maintain excellent relationships with our clients’ senior decision makers. You will also be responsible for working to nurture the team’s continued professional development through personal example and identification of any further external training needs. You will be fully on-board with companies values and culture and will help to drive and maintain these within the team, and externally with clients and stakeholders.
- You will need experience at a senior level and be used to heading up, and being accountable for, the achievement of KPIs on sizeable client campaigns and projects.
- Working in a highly supportive, ambitious and progressive team, handling projects for some of the region’s – and the UK’s – leading brands, you can expect to work on a range of creative campaign activities which demand commitment, creativity, solution-finding and great communications skills.
- You’ll be the sort of person who is ready to go over and above expectations to create clients who are passionate about working with us.
- You should be confident and experienced in working with a wider team to plan and deliver integrated campaigns, working closely with our in-house PR, design and digital studios/managers.
- As a senior leader within the team you will be expected to be skilled at hosting activities such as client discovery sessions, accurately interpreting client requirements, writing proposals, accurately estimating work so that it delivers commercial benefits and attending new business and pitch opportunities.
- We can guarantee a warm welcome to our fast-paced and creative team and if you want to continue to grow your professional skills-set we will fully support that.
The main responsibilities of this role are set out below.
- Regular client meetings and telephone discussions at the rate of at least one meeting per month for each client under your direct management.
- Forming a deep understanding of the issues affecting your clients’ business and the sectors they operate in.
- Being able to offer a high level of professional advice.
- Attending professional events, such as business awards dinners etc and creating opportunities to get to know clients outside of the direct work environment.
- Ensuring the team deliver effectively against their campaign work
- Hosting weekly and monthly team meetings to plan and assess work v goals
- Advising and coaching team as necessary
- This will include writing proposals, attending pitches, cross-selling, up-selling the agencies offering (PR, Comms, Direct Marketing and Digital Solutions) and having an excellent understanding of the capabilities, case studies etc
- This means ensuring client campaigns are delivered within their service level agreements and by ensuring any scope creep is not allowed to take place un-estimated and on a charged-for basis.
- Conducting ongoing meetings to evaluate your team’s performance and professional development goals are met
- Referring staff issues / outstanding performance upward where appropriate
- Attending interviews of new staff (junior to your role) if required
- Ability to coach team members with professionalism and fairness
- Being confident to deal with any negative issues in a mature and coaching-inspired manner
- Multi campaign strategy across brand, advertising, DM and digital
- Worked at a senior level within client services, project management
- Worked within a fast paced, full services, integrated agency environment that may offer services such as – PR, Comms, Marketing, Digital and Brand
- Commercial client management
- Identifying new opportunities within an existing client account
- Strong pitching ability
- Ability to plan and manage a team
- Budget handling