Central Employment are seeking a Sales Manager based in the Lincolnshire area for a growing Social Enterprise organisation who are commercial provider of youth skills, training and employment services.
Sales Manager role:
We are looking for an experienced and commercially focussed Sales Manager to ensure our continued success through the creation and implementation of a comprehensive sales strategy to cover all of our products and services.
The EBP is a commercial provider of youth skills, training and employment services. From our base in the East Midlands, we are proud to support young people across the country, helping them to develop the skills they need to thrive. We conduct our work through our three brands;
- National Citizen Service (NCS); a once in a lifetime opportunity for young people across England and Wales aged 16-17.
- Potential for Growth; skills and development for school & college students.
- Communitree; employability skills and guidance for young people aged 15-25.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the Head of Business Growth and the rest of the Leadership Team in the management of a multi-million pound commercial business.
- Full management responsibility and accountability for the Sales team to ensure that contractual targets are met.
- Design and implement sales strategies appropriate for all current and future contracts.
- Support the Sales team to build strong relationships with key external stakeholders (eg. schools/college, young people, parents/guardians).
- To strategically review product performance in line with budgets, resource plans, targets and the business plan.
- To have financial responsibility for all sales budgets.
- To work in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to ensure a successful experience for young people.
- Monitor and manage KPIs to ensure that all projects operate within agreed budgets, targets and timeframes.
- Create and implement reporting metrics to allow accurate performance monitoring to ensure individual and team targets are met.
- Produce and analyse weekly sales performance reports to demonstrate progress against contractual targets.
- Report to the Head of Business Growth via regular review meetings on agreed activity actions and outcomes.
- Communicate sales and contract information across the business as appropriate.
- Establish an ongoing process of review against targets in order to develop standards, improve levels of service and increase efficiency.
- Conduct audits and quality checks.
- Encourage experience exchange and the sharing of best practice.
- Encourage and nurture an atmosphere of innovation and development.
- Effectively fulfil line management responsibilities for direct and indirect reports across separate sites.
- Ensure the continued professional development of staff through effective coaching, mentoring, 1-1 meetings appraisals etc.
- Provide clear and consistent leadership in order to achieve business targets.
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of young people.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Attend relevant training courses, workshops, meetings, seminars as required.
- Increase personal effectiveness by maintaining a personal programme of CPD (continuous professional development).
- Any other duties, consistent with the main purpose of the job, as may be specified from time to time.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Professional and confident ‘role model’ approach to leadership.
- Extensive experience of sales strategy development and implementation.
- Significant experience in leading and motivating teams to meet sales targets.
- Experience of setting departmental milestones to meet business objectives and drive business success.
- Experience of close working relationships at a senior level, internally and externally.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing ability.
- Ability to motivate and inspire teams and individuals.
- Proven record of effective employee coaching, development and performance management.
- Experience of setting, monitoring and enforcing KPIs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to thrive under pressure and the drive to exceed KPIs.
- Ability to use initiative and make decisions to ensure that wider business objectives/targets are met.
- Degree calibre individual.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office.
- Driving licence and use of a car for business.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Business Management or similar.
- Previous experience of managing teams/individuals remotely.
- Previous experience within the training/education sector. (eg. selling apprenticeships etc)
- Experience of using Salesforce (or similar) CRM system.
- Prior experience of NCS (National Citizen Service).
- Good geographical knowledge of the East Midlands.