Central Employment are working in partnership with a leading full-service research agency based in the North East and London. They have a new and exciting opportunity for a Research Manager to join their strategic research team, working with a number of brands on their tailored research activities.
We are open to engaging with experienced Research Managers based from London, however regular travel to the North East will be required.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered to a consistent high quality in line with expectations .
- Take a proactive role in business development opportunities, working to inform prospects of the offer.
- Designing sharp, honed and convincing proposals that impress clients in terms of their proposition and delight in their design
- All deliverables are tailored to meet client expectations as specified in the accepted proposed solution.
- Ensure that existing clients are retained by developing relationships with key personnel and relevant stakeholders through regular communication, successful project delivery and a full understanding of their challenges and organisations.
- The RM has a number of SREs and REs under their remit, with responsibility for their development plans, coaching, administration, managing workload, review and appraisals (with support from senior leadership and HR).
- All costings, proposals, internal administration and project documents are checked for consistency and accuracy.
- Able to sell and deliver a range of market research methodologies including both quantitative and qualitative techniques and ideally has a good understanding of market research statisticaltechniques and how they can be used to answer objectives
- Proven experience of independently writing and pitching bespoke proposals and solutions to new and existing clients
- Excellent project management capability
- Capable of imparting knowledge to their team and inspiring a team of junior researchers
- Excellent people skills, able to ensure smooth running of a team and work effectively with teams across the business as well as external suppliers
- Able to build and maintain excellent internal and external relationships
- A natural problem-solver and creative thinker
- Commercially aware with strong business acumen
- Able to turn data into insight, action and communicate research findings in an impactful and engaging way
- Ideally a trained qualitative moderator or experience in qualitative moderation across a range of methodologies (focus groups, online qual, ethnography)
- Excellent knowledge of a broad range of client business sectors which allows the successful development of added value and sector specific considerations to research projects.
- Ideally experience in a market research agency or client-side research role
- A depth of market research industry knowledge, particularly of tools, innovations and success.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in marketing, market research or a related and relevant field