Regional Technical Sales Manager
Salary: Up to £35,000 + bonus and excellent benefits package
Location: Glasgow + travel
Job Type: Permanent
Category: Sales & Marketing
Central Employment are currently recruiting on a Regional Technical Sales Manager on behalf of a global designer, manufacturer and distributer of products ranging from kitchen and bathroom equipment to state-of-the-art building solutions for contemporary architecture.
PORCELANOSA Group is one of the most important ceramics manufacturers in the world, offering furniture, kitchen and bath items, with over 400 stores in 80 countries. Production diversification has played a key role in the growth of a business group that started off with the production of a single product: ceramic tiles. Today, the Group’s eight companies offer a wide product range that includes kitchen and bathroom equipment as well as state-of-the-art building solutions for contemporary architecture.
We are proud to be working on a exclusive basis on a new Regional Technical Sales Manager role based from their HQ in Glasgow, operating across the whole of Scotland & North of England.
Purpose of the Regional Technical Sales Manager:
- Provide technical support to customers in the designated area. Make sure they have the right information and support to specify our products.
- The areas to cover will be Scotland and Northern England. Ideally based in our Newcastle office.
- Transform this support in specification of the system and help the rest of the sales team to deliver the project.
- Managing the technical sales development in the designated area to ensure that the pipeline is in line to deliver growth.
- Meet customer’s needs and requirements with technical solutions through Porcelanosa’s existing portfolio and technical application advice.
- Translate new customer needs for which no existing solutions are directly available into technical projects.
- To identified new opportunities or markets for existing products.
Responsibilities of the Regional Technical Sales Manager:
- Responsible for providing customers with technical support about our systems in the designated area and in accordance with the commercial objectives.
- To organize and deliver training our systems to customers and own specifiers.
- Provide technical support and training to sales personnel in designated area.
- Responsible for maintenance and reporting of technical pipeline in designated area.
- Ensure close collaboration between the technical office and regional sales team.
- Report progress to the Contracts Manager and Technical Department Manager.
- Communication of information on projects and product portfolio internally and to external customers.
- To ensure that projects are entered into our project management interface and technical projects are being managed with the aim to grow business.
Qualifications and profile:
- A background in either architecture, building engineering or in sales in the architecture technical sales sector is highly desirable.
- Ideally have an existing client base in the industry, exceptional communication skills and be able to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Knowledge of the applications and systems for rainscreen claddings and raised access floors would be beneficial.
- A basic knowledge of Spanish is a plus. If you are not a native English speaker, a proven experience of 3 years in the UK is required.
- A factory training in Spain for a period of up to 4 weeks may be required, depending on the candidate skills.