PR Account Director
Central Employment are delighted to be working with an award-winning PR, Marketing, Digital and Creative Agency in Manchester, who are seeking an experienced PR Account Director . They are one of the UKs leading Pharma, Life Science and Biotech Marcoms specialist agencies, working with clients who are on a global scale.
Background of the PR Account Director:
The PR Account Director is a talented, motivated and well-organised individual with the skills and desire to lead the delivery of world class PR and content marketing campaigns. Knowledge of the latest industry trends is essential. This means you’ll have an excellent understanding of PR, digital marketing and other communications tools and insights into current/future trends to enable you to add value to client projects. You’ll understand the tools that can be used to monitor campaign success and have the ability to strategically advise clients on how to achieve their objectives. You’ll also be a strong copywriter with a focus on attention to detail. Experience in the life science/pharma/biotech industries is desirable as we’re a specialist agency that’s in the business of helping companies in the pharmaceutical supply chain get noticed.
Purpose of the PR Account Director:
- Additional senior resource to the PR and content team to oversee and assist with current and future client retainers and projects.
- Support the PR and content team with devising, implementing and tracking communications campaigns including tactics such as media relations and content marketing.
- Lead on several life science PR and content marketing accounts in a senior manager/ account director role
- Line management of a team of PR Account Managers.
- Drive operational efficiency and improvements within the delivery of client work.
Main Responsibilities of the PR Account Director:
- Account management and direction of a portfolio of life science clients.
- Devising PR and content marketing strategies in line with client objectives.
- Tracking, analysing and reporting key metrics for campaigns and using these to inform strategy.
- Managing relationships with clients, leading meetings and acting as a strategic advisor to clients.
- Providing strategic direction and support on accounts managed my junior and mid-level account handlers.
- Work with the head of PR and content to ensure quality standards are maintained across client accounts.
- Supporting head of PR and content with monthly reporting review/approval requirements.
- Supporting the PR and content team with account management best practice, queries and challenges.
- Leading, training and supporting junior team members to improve their account management and PR/content skills and aid progression.
- Leading on the creation of new business proposals and presentations when required.
- Implementing PR and content marketing campaigns for a portfolio of life science clients.
- At least five years of agency experience in a mid or senior level PR role, gained from a agency setting
- Experience working with B2B clients in the life sciences, pharmaceutical and manufacturing sectors.
- Experience managing multiple clients of varying budgets and sizes simultaneously.
- Ideally, a qualification in a PR, media or marketing related subject, English language or maybe even science-related.
- Strong account management, presentation and client communication skills.