PR Account Director
Central Employment are delighted to be working with a leading and fast growing Healthcare Integrated Communications Agency based in Newcastle. Due to a number of new client wins both in the UK and globally, they are now looking to recruit a PR Account Director.
Purpose of the PR Account Director:
As a PR Account Director has absolute responsibility and is fully accountable for the profitability, success and growth of clients. A PR Account Director must be a strategic thinker with planning, creative thinking and writing skills, as well as a proven ability to manage client accounts and teams of people
Main responsibilities of the PR Account Director:
Organic growth/additional project sell in – develop new ideas as add on services/projects to existing clients to increase revenue.
- Leads generation – identify potential new clients in complementary areas of business.
- Proposal writing – create proposals for new business prospects.
- Pitch involvement – become a key player in new business pitches, develop the ability to become a proficient and convincing presenter. Help build confidence and support junior staff involved in new business presentations.
- Market research – conduct market/competitor research for new business pitches/proposals. Be able to grasp business issues outside of own area of expertise. Media relationship management – have developed
- strong relationships with key journalists and has the ability and energy to develop new contacts and sustain existing ones. Is always keen to introduce other staff to media contacts to the advantage of the client.
- Have a clear understanding of the client’s key publications, their journalists, readership details and lead times, ensure that all changes in deadlines etc are noted.
- Have the ability and confidence to “sell in” across a broad range of media.Leadership – demonstrate leadership to client teams.
- Account profit management – ensure accurate quotations for all client tasks and communicate to the team to ensure client projects and programmes are kept within budget.
- Team time management – determine the required course of action for account team and set deadlines allowing for consultation and feedback.
- Briefing/informing the team – communicate expectations/goals to the team on an ongoing basis.
- Service level management – communicate financial guidelines to team members to ensure the profitability of the account and avoidance of over-servicing. Maintain ongoing progress reports for client and account team use.
Essential experience required:
A PR Account Director will have been in healthcare marketing communications or an alternative marketing related role for over 5 years and shown a natural ability to manage marketing or communications campaigns. The position carries formal accountability for a designated client portfolio and for developing new business, reporting to the senior managers on activity, results and profitability