Marketing Account Director
Central Employment are delighted to be supporting a fast growing and award-winning integrated communications agency, as look to appoint a Marketing Account Director.
The agency are looking for an ambitious and proactive Account Director to direct and develop their B2B and consumer accounts with integrated communications solutions. You’ll join our amazing team, ensuring service excellence for established brands within the Personal Finance, Tech, Leisure and Property sectors.
As an integrated communications agency, they devise and deliver comprehensive marketing solutions, utilising a combination of tactics that support clients in meeting strategic business objectives, encompassing everything from social media (paid and organic), PR, creative, digital outreach, brand development, experiential, web management and more.
Purpose of the Marketing Account Director:
This is a key leadership role for an Account Director with experience of all areas of the mix, with a good strategic and commercially focused approach, combined with a willingness to remain hands-on with some of the day-to-day. As Account Director you’ll also bring excellent team management and delegation skills, along with an ability to forge strong, profitable and long term relationships with senior clients.
Reporting directly into our MD, you’ll be responsible for developing and overseeing strategies for our clients, helping them achieve their marketing goals, including increased online presence and impressions, lead generation and streamlined sales processes. As a confident communicator and creative thinker, you will plan and lead the execution of digital and offline campaigns, coordinating work effectively with the wider account team, to ensure online activity marries with offline objectives and oversee digital initiatives to ensure solid engagement and brand consistency.
The ideal Account Director is an experienced professional with demonstrable creative digital and traditional skills, performs well under deadlines, pays intricate attention to detail and has proven success in achieving set KPIs based on business objectives.
- Lead effective and efficient cross-functional interaction within the agency to deliver client success
- Prioritise and manage clients’ expectations
- Planning and oversight of campaigns, both on and offline, including print, broadcast, experiential, web, SEO/SEM, email, social media and display advertising
- Ensure the strategic and creative excellence of team outputs in response to client briefs
- Maximise team output and efficiencies through co-ordinating team workflow, with responsibility for all team work in progress. Effectively delegate to team members and manage team workload.
- Review website traffic plans and ensure goals are met
- Maintain effective, cohesive, and engaging brand messaging
- Knowledge of a range of analytical tools including Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools
- Measure and report on the performance of all marketing campaigns
- Oversee A/B testing protocols and procedures
- Ensure the effective management of budgets and content distribution to on and offline channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic (and in turn leads / sales where relevant)
- Monitoring clients’ industries, immersing yourself in their industry news
- Ensure compliance (e.g. copyright and data protection)
- Grow revenues on your assigned client base
- Mentor team members and develop their skill set in accordance with their individual goals and objectives and career path
- Play a key role in the recruitment of new team members as and when required
- Be actively involved in new business efforts from qualifying opportunities to leading pitch teams
- Experience of working on brands at director level
- Experience of working on strategy, implementation and analysis
- The ability to truly understand your clients, what makes them tick and what keeps them awake at night
- Integrated experience across PR, digital, social media and marketing communications
- Strong written and verbal skills
- To understand the unique requirements of working for a small agency
- The ability to work collaboratively
- A minimum of circa 5 years’ agency experience in traditional and digital media strategy, planning and buying
- Previous recent experience working in an agency environment at Senior Account Manager / Account Director Level
- Digital native, expertise in all Digital channels: PPC, SEO, Content, Social, Programmatic, etc.
- Experience of fully integrated solutions, including PR and offline activity
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills, with experience liaising with clients at senior level
- Demonstrable commercial experience with experience of growing revenues and effectively managing budgets for campaigns
- Strong experience in participating in new business pitches
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with strong attention to detail
- Management reporting experience essential