Head of SEO/SEM
Central Employment are delighted to be working alongside a growing Digital Marketing agency based near Leeds, as they look to recruit a Head of SEO/SEM. The Head of SEO/SEM is a senior strategic and client-facing role providing consultancy, direction to the team and key clients.
Due to the fluid nature of the business, they offer a remote working first culture, however the ideal Head of SEO/SEM will be based in the North of England.
Key responsibilities of the Head of Digital Marketing:-
- Further develop the agency proposition, working collaboratively with the directors to agree requirements and in collaboration with the relevant sales and delivery teams.
- Line managing and performance managing of the digital marketing team.
- Managing key client accounts.
- Develop and implement digital marketing campaigns across SEO, Paid Search, Content Marketing and Social Media.
- Reporting account management performance to the board
- Supporting the New Business function during the pitch process
- Resolving escalated client related problems
- Deliver added-value strategic consultancy and work closely with clients to deliver digital marketing campaigns and digital marketing services
- Independently lead and make decisions that properly balance the needs of the account such as those of clients, internal goals and teams
- Translate client requirements into deliverable campaigns that convey the critical elements including objectives, strategies, target audience insights, background and executional considerations etc.
- Responsible for upholding excellence in delivery; defines and achieves KPIs
- Responsible for ensuring effective budget management and account profitability
- Assist with the new business process in collaboration with the senior management team, supporting key decisions and playing a crucial role in selling our credentials throughout the pitch process
- Identify opportunities within existing client accounts and to propose, plan and pitch compelling ideas and strategies
- Be the single point of contact during the planning, implementation and optimisation of impactful insight-driven digital strategies
- Act as a liaison to, and conduit between, cross-functional delivery teams and external stakeholders
- Stays up to date on best practices, techniques and current trends on digital marketing and measurement
- Continually shares their knowledge with team members to enhance the collective knowledge
- Leverage insights to provide informed recommendations to clients for continual development
- Train and mentor more junior members of the team in digital marketing skills including SEO, paid search and social media
- Using a shared pool of resources (content, links, social), negotiate and plan with other groups to accomplish all project deliverables
- Serve as SEO expert for the group of agencies service offering and also maintain industry expert level of knowledge for our clients
- Work with wider team to develop our digital marketing proposition
- Develop and conduct knowledge sharing activities for team, focusing on product and SME expertise
Essential experience required:-
- 4+ years’ experience in a relevant role client managing digital marketing projects and strategies
- Operated within a fast paced digital marketing agency settting, ideally at manager/senior manager level
- In-depth experience in SEM channels, specifcally SEO website integration
- Demonstrable track record of growing and maintaining long term client relationships
- Digital marketing knowledge, with the ability to translate technical challenges into human readable briefs
- Creative in your approach to problem solving and idea generation
- Highly commercial with strong strategic consultancy skills
- Pragmatic in your approach, balancing assertiveness and flexibility
- A strong leader with the skills and aptitude to develop, grow and motivate a team
- A clear and articulate communicator with the ability to simplify the complex
- Highly collaborative, yet with the ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Resourceful, curios, open minded and passionate, confident
- Confident in presenting to a c-suite