Corporate Events Manager
Central Employment are delighted to be working in partnership with a leading UK membership organisation based in the North East, as they look to appoint a Corporate Events Manager.
To achieve the events agreed financial targets as outlined within the budget and strategy. Responsible for the development and delivery of an integrated and sustainable events programme. Responsible for initiating, developing and managing a range of high profile national, local and district events in order to cultivate existing support, attract and secure new members and supplier income.
- To plan and manage a range of events to the benefit of the membership and partners, including brand new digital solution
- To work with all departments in the planning of the events and distribute the calendar to enable budgets to be agreed
- To communicate the events to all members and partners in a timely and efficient manner.
- For each event, develop an event plan including timelines and key milestones, identify target audience, marketing plan and materials, recruit and support participants, evaluate risk and ensure maximum income is raised
- Work with the Communications Department to develop a PR and communications strategy including press and media activity, copy, design and brief for all fundraising materials in relation to events ensuring they meet organisational and branding guidelines. To also include the website, viral email and e-newsletters as well as internal and external newsletters where appropriate
- Be responsible for the recruitment, management and support of agreed levels of event participants and act as the central point of contact and provide appropriate levels of supporter care
- To ensure that all necessary information is sent out to event participants and followed up with personal letters and telephone calls within agreed timescales
- To ensure all matters relevant to events, including reports, risk analysis and performance indicators and reporting variances are available when required.
- Complete post-event reports to include cost, income ratios, an analysis of promotional methods and recommendations for future activity
- Set budgets, prepare forecasts and meet annual targets for income and expenditure and monitor, evaluate and report in a timely manner on these
- Provide high quality event management liaising, with designers, advertisers and any other external parties for a co-ordinated approach
- Build and manage effective relationships with members of the Business Development Department, Membership , Communications, Operational staff, corporate partners and their staff, professional event organisers and designers
Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
- Demonstrable track record of organising, co-ordinating and implementing successful fundraising events (both with individuals and corporate) that achieve and exceed income expectations.
- Exceptional time management skills with experience of managing multiple concurrent projects.
- Experience of organising special one-off or high-profile events such as Award evenings, trade shows or similar.
- An understanding of the importance of delivering a high quality client focused service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate to and negotiate with a wide range of people at all levels.
- Broadcast experience
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial and target orientated.
- Creative, innovative and enthusiastic, with the ability to inspire and motivate others, both internally and externally.
- Ability to propose, set, manage and monitor income and expenditure budgets.
- Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly across the UK.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work both as part of a team and on your own initiative.
- IT literate – experience of using Microsoft packages in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to plan systematically and manage resources in an organised way, prioritising workload and meeting deadline.
- A team player with a strong desire to achieve outstanding results within a target focussed environment and within tight timeframes.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Full driving licence