Client Marketing Manager
Central Employment are working with a specialist Marcoms, Digital and Design Agency as they look to hire a Client Marketing Manager joining a fast growing team in Newcastle.
Purpose of the Client Marketing Manager:
- Managing and advising our B2B contract service clients on marketing strategy (segmentation, positioning, personas, targeting etc.) and cross-platform marketing including: communications campaigns, research and insight, competitor analysis, trade events and lead generation. Effectively, you’ll be acting as an outsourced marketing manager for our clients that do not have marketing resource in-house, for a particular area, or at all.
- Be a key account manager, helping collaborate with PR, digital, design and content teams (primarily internally but also on occasion externally) to plan, deliver and evaluate key strategic campaigns.
- Growing our marketing service offering to existing clients and prospects.
- Leading and developing the marketing team and supporting your line manager in running the marketing department, identifying efficiencies, opportunities and processes alongside world-class marketing deliverables.
Duties of the Client Marketing Manager:
- Be the dedicated marketing manager for clients without an in-house marketing team or support existing in-house teams.
- Account manage clients’ business development and commercial teams, bringing fresh thinking, advanced techniques and creativity.
- Plan, develop and implement strategic marketing tactics for and on behalf of our clients.
- Create and produce marketing and trade event plans.
- Manage marketing team and deliverables.
- Attend and support on client trade events (some national and international travel).
- Collaborate with PR, content and design teams to create on brand marketing collateral.
- Support internal teams with specialist thinking.
- Analyse and measure campaign deliverables against strategic KPIs and SMART objectives.
- Develop and implement market research to shape and drive key messaging, content and lead generation for clients.
- Maximise cross-platform content and campaign delivery – digital, media, social, DM etc.
- Review and deliver monthly client reports showing progress and results.
- Plan, develop and implement business development activities for and on behalf of our clients, including content marketing and marketing automation-based campaigns.
- Manage lead generation campaigns and support on activities and plans for clients.
- Liaise with clients to update them on campaign/project progress and answering questions in a consultative manner.
- Liaise with colleagues, clients and suppliers to drive campaigns/projects forward.
- Build rapport and professional relationships with both new and existing clients.
- Support the career development of junior team members.
Knowledge, learning & professional development
- Stay abreast of marketing trends and developments to continually provide a world-class service and the best solutions for our clients’ and our business.
- Constantly build your industry knowledge of the pharmaceutical and life science sector.
- Present interesting findings/developments to clients and internally on a regular basis.
- Contribute innovative ideas using your experience in the industry and look for ways to increase value on client/internal projects.
- Work independently and as part of team.
- 3-5 years B2B marketing experience (preferably within an agency environment but not essential).
- A degree/relevant qualification in marketing/marketing communications or related subject.
- Managed key B2B client accounts
- Strong organisation and time management skills with the ability to manage and prioritise tasks efficiently.
- A strong track record of successful B2B marcomms campaigns (across traditional and digital).
- Working knowledge of marketing automation and lead generation campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail (excellent spelling and grammar is essential).
- Intimate understanding of traditional and digital marketing channels and tools.
- Ability to manage projects that encompass several delivery elements (design, content, social etc.) and multiple colleagues.
- Ability to effectively manage and communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced agency environment.
- Budget management skills and proficiency.
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends.
- International trade event experience.
- A focus on delivering client needs.
- A cheeky sense of humour. If you like a laugh and a wee bit of banter, you’ll fit in here.
- Content writing skills.
- CRM expertise.
- Experience of PPC, SEO and social.
- Experience using project management tools such as Basecamp or alternatives