Business Growth Manager
Central Employment are seeking a Business Growth Manager on behalf of a growing Social Enterprise organisation that offer specialist services including youth skills, training and employment services. This is a new role within the business and will report into CEO and based from their impressive Lincolnshire offices.
The EBP is a commercial provider of youth skills, training and employment services. From our base in the East Midlands, we are proud to support young people across the country, helping them to develop the skills they need to thrive. We conduct our work through our three brands;
- National Citizen Service (NCS); a once in a lifetime opportunity for young people across England and Wales aged 16-17.
- Potential for Growth; skills and development for school & college students.
- Communitree; employability skills and guidance for young people aged 15-25.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- To ensure there is a clear 5 year growth strategy encompassing the strategic vision for the Brands.
- To implement the growth strategy to a successful conclusion working with managers and other key stakeholders.
- To work successfully with the Head of Delivery to establish new products and contracts
- To report to the Chief Executive on the strategic development of the Brands, identifying appropriate opportunities for new business.
- To have overall accountability of the sales targets associated with the Business Plan.
- To work with the Chief Executive to lead the growth of the organisation using the social impact context and help the board and management team understand more clearly the social impact measurement beyond those already in place.
- To oversee the direct and indirect management of the Growth & Sales team, including the Sales Manager and Call Centre staff, ensuring targets are met through comprehensive planning and preparation at all stages.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To take responsibility for the 5 year business strategy.
- To manage the overall bidding process and ensure that the strategic planned approach to bidding for contracts, ensuring that bids are generated in line with The vision and the 5 year business plan.
- To have responsibility for the business plan targets.
- Lead, develop and support teams with the creation of new methods, strategies and plans for brand growth and sales targets.
- To strategically review brand performance in line with budgets, resource plans, targets and the business plan in conjunction with the Head of Educational Operations.
- To be the link between teams and the Chief Executive, ensuring there is synergy and cohesion between the strategic and operations departments.
- To evaluate all sales activity including regular reporting and update review meetings with the Chief Executive.
- To work effectively with the Marketing and Communications team to encourage promotion of in specific areas as appropriate.
- To explore potential for diversification within the brands and services.
- To develop and manage a strategy for building on our social impact and then using that focus to inform board, managers, teams and using that work as a context for the growth and expansion of the business.
- To create contacts and generate lead and partners to benefit the above work.
- To ensure teams create and adhere to quality sales reporting and monitoring procedures.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Significant experience in leading and motivating departmental managers and teams to work towards performance targets.
- Experience in meeting business objectives and driving business success.
- Experience of close working relationships at Chief Executive/Senior level.
- Excellent knowledge of social impact at strategic level.
- Setting departmental milestones against business objectives.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to coordinate and cooperates with others across regions and departments in pursuit of common goals.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Mind-set of striving for continuous improvement.
- Experience of managing and addressing employee performance.
- Driving licence and use of a car for business.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Natural Leader
- Enthusiastic and able to motivate groups and individuals
- Team Motivator and Driver
- Good negotiator
- Self Motivator
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to implement and follow processes