PR Account Manager
Central Employment are looking for an experienced PR Account Manager to join my clients their award-winning creative, digital and PR team. The successful B2B PR Account Manager be adding PR experience to their in-house team to assist on current and future client projects – nationally and internationally.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll be devising and delivering integrated communications campaigns, writing anything and everything from press releases, technical features, award entries, engaging web copy, case studies, blogs and everything in between. You’ll be a strong writer with excellent spelling and grammar and an eye for detail.
You’ll have experience utilising your media relations and relationship building talents to develop a strong network of media contacts both online and offline.
Ideally, you’ll have a couple of years’ experience in a mid-level PR role. You may also be an ambitious Senior Account Account Executive with a few years of relevant experience, looking for that next step.
You’ll be confident in leading several PR client accounts, predominantly in the B2B space.
Purpose of the PR Account Manager:
- Add additional B2B PR experience to our in-house team.
- Lead on several PR client accounts and support Senior PR Manager.
- Help oversee junior members of the PR team and integrate with the wider PR, creative, marketing and digital teams to help create, plan, implement and evaluate campaigns.
- Support your line manager in facilitating business development and improvement of the company internally and externally.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Organising your workload, working to tight deadlines and prioritising tasks to keep on top of multiple campaigns simultaneously.
- Liaising with clients to update them on campaign progress and answering questions in a consultative manner.
- Liaise with colleagues, clients and media contacts daily to drive campaigns forward.
- Build rapport and professional relationships with both new and existing clients.
- Planning, development and implementation of PR activities for clients.
- Execute engaging media relations campaigns to ensure clients have a strong media presence and that their key messages connect with the right audiences.
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media.
- Researching, securing and writing features, articles, blogs and comment opportunities in key media.
- Copywriting for a range of online and offline platforms including blogs, case studies, web copy, white papers, articles, award entries etc. across client accounts.
- Devising and coordinating photo and other creative ‘stunt’ opportunities.
- Organising events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours.
- Sourcing and managing speaking and sponsorship opportunities.
- Research for clients including awards, opportunities, competitors, client research etc.
- Setting client KPIs and analysing campaign success using the latest PR evaluation methods.
- Maintaining and updating information on clients’ websites.
- Taking a ‘digital first’ approach, considering SEO and online visibility in all activities.
- Supporting the digital team with web and social media content where required.
- junior members of the team to support their professional development.
Knowledge & learning:
- Stay abreast of industry developments and keep up with the latest trends.
- Become a resident thought-leader on all things PR and communications (we encourage everyone to write for our blog and relevant publications).
- Understand how PR works with other digital channels and disciplines.
- A few years of agency experience in a mid- senior level PR role.
- Experience working with B2B clients, ideally in the life sciences &pharmaceutical sectors
- Experience managing multiple clients of varying budgets and sizes simultaneously.
- Ideally, a qualification in a PR, media or marketing related subject, English language or maybe even science-related.
- Strong account management, presentation and client communication skills.
- Strong English language skills including spelling and grammar and a good eye for detail.