Central Employment are working with a leading and fast growing Healthcare Integrated Communications Agency in Newcastle. Due to a number of new client win’s, both in the UK and globally they are now looking to recruit a Account Manager.
Purpose of the Account Manager:
As a Account Manager must be a strategic thinker with planning, creative thinking and writing skills, as well as a proven ability to manage client accounts specifically in the Consumer Healthcare and Pharma sector.
As a Account Manager will work closely with the senior team on new business development, particularly in the following areas:
• Proposal writing – develop well written, creative new business proposals.
• Pitch involvement –present in new business pitches, using a convincing and professional style.
• Market research – use company facilities to extract and assimilate information for new business pitches/proposals.
• Organic growth – on selling programmes and ideas to existing clients.
• Time management – prioritise workload to ensure deadlines and objectives set by the Account Director are met for each client, within the time allocated and reporting to team members on progress.
• Timesheet Completion – daily completion of time spent on each client to ensure 100% accuracy.
• Working to activity plans – attend status meetings to ensure understanding of client objectives and deadlines. Plan own work and meet all commitments against activity plans. Responsible for the day to day running of client projects, it is the responsibility of the Project Manager to take the lead role in ensuring that programme deliverables are met on time and within budget.
• Project management – volunteer to manage new projects in a timely and organised fashion and ensuring the process is completed from start to finish.
• Client management – develop productive relationships with day to day client contacts.
• Relationship development – be proactive at maintaining strong relationships with all client contacts
• Client market knowledge – build up and maintain a good knowledge of current developments and trends affecting the clients’ industries and markets.
• Reporting on results – to the Account Director, the Account Manager takes an active role in the financial management of client business, ensuring teams’ timesheets are accurate and produced on time for client invoicing.
• Strategic counsel – provide strategic counsel to clients where possible, being able to assess problems and define logical and effective solutions for clients. Act as a true consultant on all issues to the client.
• Analysing/dealing with problems – identify/predict client problems and offer solutions wherever possible.
• Client coaching – advise and support client, aim to become a well-respected resource.
• Evaluation – drive an evaluation and measurement programme for each client. Always ensure results are achieved and client’s overall objectives are met. Continually evaluate team’s work to ensure professional
standards are maintained and quality of work is consistent.
• Generating ideas – generate new ideas and solutions for pitching, events and the overall PR programme and develop the ability to sell such ideas to clients.
• Client meetings – prepare for and attend client meetings on behalf of the agency, act in a professional manner always. Be confident in liaising with senior directors within client organisation.
• Briefs – been able to write well structured, well thought through strategic briefs, for the design, digital and content teams.
• Marketing materials– have clear understanding of the processes involved in developing marketing materials including referencing, the design process and copy writing checking.
• Writing – being able to write/edit, persuasive copy, including proposals, case studies, press releases, backgrounders, features, proposals, blogs, website copy and dynamic news content, slide booklets and meeting invitations – and helping others to do the same.
• Knowledge of social media and on-line marketing – have an excellent understanding of the available platforms and how best they can be used to achieve project objectives, effectively manage campaigns.
• Presentation skills – develop excellent presentation skills, with a confident and convincing style that exudes credibility.
• Stakeholder relationships – continue to develop relationships with stakeholders, key opinion leaders, influencers, the media and to develop knowledge of healthcare issues, products and services to enable confident communications.
Experience required as Account Manager:
The successful Account Manager will have been in healthcare marketing communications or an alternative marketing related role for circa 3+ and shown a natural ability to manage marketing, PR or Communications campaigns..