Account Director (Healthcare)
Central Employment are delighted to be working a leading and rapidly expanding integrated Communications and Creative agency based in the North East. Due to a raft of new client win’s across all their services, especially in Marketing, PR/Comms and are seeking a talented Account Director (Healthcare).
Key responsibilties of the Account Director:-
• Dvelop new ideas as add on services/projects to existing clients to increase revenue.
• identify potential new clients in complementary areas of business.
• create proposals for new business prospects.
• become a key player in new business pitches, develop the ability to become a proficient and convincing presenter. Help build confidence and support junior staff involved in new business presentations.
• conduct market/competitor research for new business pitches/proposals. Be able to grasp business issues outside of own area of expertise.
• demonstrate leadership to client teams.
• ensure accurate quotations for all client tasks and communicate to the team to
• communicate expectations/goals to the team on an ongoing basis.
• communicate financial guidelines to team members to ensure the profitability of the account and avoidance of over-servicing. Maintain ongoing progress reports for client and account team use.
• keep the team motivated by communicating clear tasks and actions. Strive to inspire others by example, show commitment, enthusiasm and be available for support and guidance.
• provide the team with guidance and ideas by giving innovative, creative solutions to problems. Be available to offer support in such areas.
• develop productive relationships with day to day contacts, make a valuable input to client account.
Essential experience required:-
- An Account Director has absolute responsibility and is fully accountable for the profitability, success and growth of clients.
- An Account Director is likely to be someone who has been in pharma/medical brand marketing. communications/PR/medical education for a minimum of five years, gained mostly from an agency setting
- The position carries formal accountability for a designated client portfolio and for developing new business, reporting to the senior managers on activity, results and profitability.