Central Employment are seeking an Account Director, joining a fast growing, global organisation who work with a number of niche B2B clients.
The purpose of this senior leadership and service-orientated marketing position is quite simply to bring world-class, advanced level marketing skills and management experience to their business. **Essentially you will have worked within a fast paced Marketing or PR Agency at Senior Account Manager or Account Director level**
Within the role, you’ll be:
• Leading, inspiring and developing the marketing team and running this key department.
• Alongside fellow Heads of Department (HODS) and as a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) you will report to the Board and the General Manager and will play a key role in delivering against the growth strategy for the business.
• Managing and advising our B2B pharmaceutical contract service clients on marketing strategy (segmentation, positioning, personas, targeting etc.) and cross-platform marketing including: communications campaigns, research and insight, competitor analysis, trade events and lead generation. Effectively, you’ll be acting as an outsourced marketing manager for our clients that do not have marketing resource in-house, or working alongside some of the best marketers in the industry who are looking for some additional support.
• Be a key account manager for our top tier integrated clients (multiple service retainer accounts) helping collaborate with PR, digital, design and content teams to plan, deliver and evaluate key strategic campaigns. Overseeing the strategic and tactical deliverables of our client marketing team and
(internal) agency marketing manager, identifying efficiencies, opportunities and processes alongside world-class marketing deliverables.
• Growing our marketing service offering to existing clients and prospects.
Background & Responsibilities of the Account Director:
With a genuine thirst for knowledge and passion for all things marcomms, the head of marketing is an experienced, commercially-minded, motivated and well organised individual with an ability to shape strategy, create successful campaigns across a range of platforms, understand the end user and deliver genuine world-class results for our clients. You’re a leader who will inspire, nurture, challenge and develop your team and the wider business. Standing still is not an option. You will have the ability to juggle a challenging workload whilst maintaining and building strong relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally. You’ll also have bags of new ideas to bring to the table as well as lots of key account management experience.
Key duties of the Account Director:
Be the dedicated marketing manager for some of our top tier clients without an in-house marketing team or support existing in-house teams.
• Strategic lead on client accounts, bringing fresh thinking, advanced techniques, creativity and guidance.
• Plan, develop and implement strategic marketing tactics for and on behalf of our clients.
• Create and produce marketing and trade event content plans.
• Manage marketing team and deliverables.
• Attend and support on client trade events (some national and international travel).
• Collaborate with PR, digital, and design teams to create on brand marketing content and collateral.
• Support internal teams with specialist thinking.
• Analyse and measure campaign deliverables against strategic KPIs and SMART objectives.
• Develop and implement market research to shape and drive key messaging, content and lead generation for clients.
• Use analytics and other data sources to validate and shape strategy, campaigns and content.
• Expertise in automated marketing platforms, metrics and behaviour-led communication.
• Maximise cross-platform content and campaign delivery – digital, media, social, DM etc.
• Review and deliver monthly client reports showing progress and results.
• Plan, develop and oversee business development activities for and on behalf of our clients, including content marketing and marketing automation-based campaigns.
• Manage lead generation campaigns and support on activities and plans for clients.
• Ensure marketing, lead gen and business development tactics work hand in hand for optimum results both for clients and the business. Leadership role. Liaise with clients to update them on campaign/project progress and answering questions in a consultative manner.
• Support colleagues, clients and suppliers to drive campaigns/projects forward.
• Build rapport and professional relationships with both new and existing clients.
• Create and drive internal systems and processes
• Map out career development plans for the marketing team.
• Support on recruitment/talent acquisition.
• Deliver against the company vision, commercial targets and drive profitability.
• Look ahead to help future proof the business.
Substancial Marcoms experience (preferably both agency and client side).
• 5+ years management experience (preferably involving leadership and development of a
• A degree/relevant qualification in marketing/marketing communications or related
• A strategic thinker with a creative streak
• Strong organisation and time management skills with the ability to manage and prioritise
tasks, staff and clients efficiently.
• A strong track record of successful B2B marcomms campaigns, marketing strategy and
content (across traditional and digital).
• Working knowledge of marketing automation and lead generation campaigns.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail (excellent spelling
and grammar is essential).
• Direct experience of traditional and digital marketing channels and tools.
• Ability to manage integrated accounts with projects that encompass several service
delivery elements (design, content, social etc.) stakeholders and staff.
• Ability to effectively manage and communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced agency environment.
• Budget management skills, commercial awareness and proficiency.
• Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends.
• A focus on delivering client needs.
• International B2B marketing experience.
• Content writing skills.
• CRM expertise.
• Experience of PPC, SEO and social.
• Experience using project management tools such as Basecamp or alternatives