eCommerce & Digital Marketing Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within a business focussed on the distribution of premium consumer goods to a number of brand trade customers across the UK and Ireland. Due to a website re-platforming and focussed towards a more online/consumer audience, they are seeking an eCommerce & Digital Marketing Manager.
eCommerce & Digital Marketing Manager Job purpose:
Working closely with the head of department and the CEO in the continued development, implementation and management of their on-going eCommerce and digital marketing strategy. Delivering the businesses digital and eCommerce objectives as well as contributing to the marketing strategy in alignment with short and long-term department objectives. Working closely with both internal teams and external agencies to drive brand awareness within the trade and consumer arena, contributing to the achievement of revenue targets. This is an exciting and challenging role which offers the candidate much scope for progression and further enhancing their marketing skillset.
Duties & Key responsibilities of the eCommerce & Digital Marketing Manager:-
- Plan, co-ordinate and contribute to the delivery of digital performance strategy, projects and campaigns
- Create and implement SEM strategies including briefing, copywriting, performance analysis and optimisation
- Paid social advertising – set-up, optimisation, tracking & reporting
- Optimise our customer journey and campaign flows to improve conversions
- Working with internal teams and 3rd party suppliers in the monitoring, maintenance, optimisation and management of company websites, social media and ecommerce platforms
- Manage, edit and contribute content for online marketing activity
- Update digital marketing materials, publishing new content on our website using to CMS technical skills.
- Providing regular progress reports and updates to SMT, using data gathered through activities to suggest further enhancements to increase performance to meet business objectives
eCommerce & Website Management
- Management of the online store (WooCommerce) with remit to iterate and improve
- Set-up and optimise additional online sales channels in future
- Brief or deliver website improvements, with competence to implement basic amends, and working with agency for larger items
- Conversion measurement and optimisation
- Understanding of web visitor behaviour
- Create and update reporting dashboards
- On-going product merchandising of the site
- Management of internal CMS
Experience, Skills & Abilities required:-
- Circa 3-5 years within a eCommerce and Digital Marketing role, across both B2B & B2C channels – ideally gained within an SME type of organisation
- Passionate and knowledgeable about digital and performance marketing and how it’s aligned to eCommerce.
- In-depth understanding of performance marketing channels – SEO, PPC, CRO, Email Marketing, Organic & Paid Social Media
- Design and implement systems for email segmentation
- Digital tools including Google Analytics, Google AdWords & Amazon Ads
- Understanding of Online Marketplaces to drive further online sales revenue
- Experience in WooCommerce is preferred
- Passion for Online Retail, eCommerce and Consumer Goods