Industrial Recruitment Consultant – Middlesbrough
Established in 1979, Central Employment is the oldest independent recruiter in the North East with over 40 years of industry expertise. Over the years, we have worked with and recruited for some of the largest businesses and brand names in the North East. Specialising in temporary, contract and permanent recruitment across a broad spectrum of industries supplying staff with full UK coverage.
We are looking to add a 360 recruitment consultant to our Industrial Temp Team team at the Middlesbrough Branch.
We are happy to consider people with experience in any sector of recruitment but you must be used to fast paced, no two days the same and be able to multi task
Our branch is the newest addition to Central Employment so joining us at this point not only offers someone a challenge but a definitive career path with an employer who actually cares.
As a recruitment consultant, you’re the vital link between clients and candidates. The role is demanding, diverse and involves:
- using sales, business development, marketing techniques and networking to attract business from client companies.
- visiting clients to build and develop positive relationships with them.
- developing a good understanding of client companies, their industry, what they do, their work culture and environment.
- using social media to advertise positions, attract candidates and build relationships.
- headhunting – identifying and approaching suitable candidates who may already be in work.
- using candidate databases to match the right person to the client’s vacancy.
- receiving and reviewing applications, managing interviews and tests, and creating a shortlist of candidates for the client
- requesting references and checking the suitability of applicants before submitting their details to the client
- briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary, and benefits of the job in question
- preparing CVs and correspondence to forward to clients regarding suitable applicants.
- organising interviews for candidates as requested by the client.
- informing candidates about the results of their interviews
- negotiating pay and salary rates and finalising arrangements between client and candidates
- offering advice to both clients and candidates on pay rates, training, and career progression.
- working towards and exceeding targets that may relate to the number of candidates placed, a value to be billed to clients or business leads generated.
- Reviewing recruitment policies to ensure effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programmes.
What to expect
The role can be challenging, but also exciting as the profession is fast-paced, target driven and demanding.
Work is office based but time is also spent outside the office, meeting with clients and interviewing candidates.
A smart personal appearance is important as the role involves meetings with clients and conducting interviews with candidates.
Travel within the working day may be required to meet with clients so you must have a full driving license – we do have a pool car available for client visits.
What we offer
- Competitive salary of £24,000 – £28,000 depending on experience
- Excellent commission structure from day 1
- Christmas Bonus – up to 10% of salary
- 4 x staff nights out per year
- Access to a pool car
- 50% off gym membership
- Industry leading training and development package