Shift Quality Inspector
On behalf of our client, a manufacturer of plastic packaging for the food industry we are currently recruiting for a Shift Quality Inspector on a temporary to permanent basis.
The Shift Quality inspector is responsible for monitoring and recording daily quality inspections, and ensures all products meet the requirements and standards agreed with our customers on a day-to-day basis.
- Responsible for visually checking the quality of product against the customer specification on an hourly basis.
- To take regular samples throughout the shift ensuring all samples are labelled correctly with all required information.
- Inspect and verify packing format against specification/colour cards , labels and paperwork are correct.
- Check extruded sheet is correct specification, colour and labelled correctly.
- Participate and oversee the sorting of any finished goods returned or put on hold (external and internal.)
- Assist with any NCR investigation where required
- Carry out daily calibration of production scales.
- Ensure metal detector checks are being carried out correctly; any issues to be reported to Shift Supervisor & Senior Quality Technician.
- Stop production line if major non-compliance of specifications, standards or quality is found during the inspection process.
- Complete all required paperwork as required in line with internal procedures and also maintain inspection journals and daily summary logs as required.
- Police and ensure ‘clean as you go’ policy is carried out by all entering production hall.
- Ensure comprehensive handover happens when on early shift
Shift Pattern and Pay Details
This is a 3 on 3 off 12 hour shift pattern rotating days and nights.
£10.98 per hour and all breaks are paid.