Central Employment is looking to employ Packing Operatives for an established manufacturer of pet food brands. Their purpose is centered around having Healthy Pets and Happy Owners whilst ensuring nutritious, high quality pet foods are affordable to all.
We are looking for exceptional people to join the company on their journey as they continue to grow and expand their offering to pets here in the UK.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Using a DSL computer to run an extrusion line in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, due to the machinery used this department can get very hot which can be uncomfortable at times.
- Responding to machine stoppages, identify and manually correct issues where possible or escalate to the engineering team if required.
- Performing various quality checks – all staff are responsible for ensuring our pets receive the highest level of quality.
- Minimising waste of raw materials, products, packaging, chemicals and water.
- Setting up machinery to run different product lines, this will include setting up different dies, cleaning down machinery during a change over and analysing problems that may occur during production.
- Ensuring all finished products are labelled correctly to help the packing department run at full efficiency.
- You may need to use a Forklift Truck to move materials and stock to various parts of the factory (if you do not hold a current licence training will be provided).
When you join, you will go through their structured induction and training programme. This will include information on the regulations of Food Safety legislation amongst other things to help you succeed in your role. As your skill set grows, you will have opportunities to increase your salary.
- We are looking for inquisitive people who really enjoy problem solving, getting to the root cause of problems.
- You must have great organisational skills and attention to detail in order to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above in English and Maths.
- Previous production or factory experience will be preferred, but applications from all backgrounds will be considered.
- You must be available to work on a rotational shift pattern.
- Due to our location, it’s essential that you have your own transport, as the site isn’t accessible via public transport.
£10.63ph + shift pay £30 per week (equivalent £11.25ph)
An average of 44 hours per week – Rotational shift pattern of 6am-6pm/6pm-6am (must be able to work 1 in 3 weekends)
NEST pension scheme Employee contributions 5% / Employer contribution 3%
25 days (Pro Rata) + Bank Holidays in lieu
Free parking, tasty treats, discounted products, free hot drinks and paid sick pay
If you are interested in this position, please apply direct to this advert with your up-to-date contact details and a CV where possible.