Central Employment are delighted to offer an opportunity to join a business that provides solutions to manufacturing environments worldwide. My client, produce specially formulated chemicals for the cleaning and disinfection of critical and sterile environments. Due to a record year, they are looking to expand the Supply Chain team with a Purchasing Assistant
The overall purpose of our Purchasing Assistant is to support our Supply Chain with the selection and procurement of products, including responsibility for maintaining positive vendor relations, preparing and pricing strategies, placing and tracking purchase orders, managing inventory and keeping track of market trends.
You will be expected to create and place orders, ensure acknowledgements received and correctly matched and then chase late deliveries and back orders to ensure you always maintain a high level of customer service. You will also need to liaise with both the relevant sales team member and the client to keep them up to date as required. Any supplier invoice discrepancies will also fall within the remit of this role
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Forecast levels of demand for services and products
- Keep constant check of stock levels and develop the automation of the process using the current software system
- Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedule, quality and service
- Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers
- Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Understand production constraints, lead times and seasonal demand increments
- Assist in the negotiation of contracts, monitoring the quality of service provided
- Take responsibility for the purchase from negotiation to order placement, acknowledgement, delivery follow up and correct invoicing.
- Customer service – Inputting orders and acknowledgements, managing stock, allocating deliveries, providing delivery paperwork and attaching supplier certificates and all documentation to IFS
- Support Daventry site with customer orders, shop orders, purchase orders and supplier set up
- Provide cover for other members of the team for absence and holidays.
- To be a role model and adhere to and promote Health and Safety standards requirements and targets
- This list is not exhaustive
- Previous experience in purchasing/negotiating in supply chain and manufacturing
- Proven negotiating record
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Excellent IT skills – Especially Excel MRP experience would be an advantage.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to show initiative in solving problems and identifying improvements
- Ability to work accurately and methodically
- Understand ISO9001 & GMP requirements
- Strong team ethic and attitude
- Can do attitude
CIPS or studying towards would be an advantage
This is a temporary opportunity with a view to going permanent after 12 months