Central Employment are looking to recruit an HR Officer, as we engage and support a global Automotive Manufacturing organisation in the Tyne & Wear area.
Purpose of the HR Officer:
The HR Officer works to deliver a high quality service to meet departmental and organisational expectations. The HR Officer demonstrates a ‘can-do’ attitude in all of the work that is delivered, ensuring the needs of all department requirements are achieved. The HR Officer has a generalised focus with responsibility for the day to day HR management of the Production workforce. The role includes developing and supporting HR policies and procedures as well as improving the efficiency of the department.
Main responsibilities of the HR Officer:
- Support all employee relations issues with the Production team.
- Update and review procedures, standard letters and forms to ensure compliance to new employment legislation.
- Support weekly payroll during absence of payroll officer along with any ad hoc payroll issues.
- Manage and maintain time and attendance.
- Proactively manage employee benefits.
- Proactively manage long term sickness and assist Supervisors and Managers with short term sickness.
- Proactively manage the Occupational Health provision within the Company.
- Manage and participate in recruitment activities up to Supervisor/Engineer level positions.
- Assist with the management of the recruitment Employment Agency for the provision of shopfloor labour.
- Maintain all job description and personal specifications.
- Assist with improving the efficiency of the department through streamlining processes.
- Actively participate in cost reduction activities.
- Produce department statistics as required.
- Training/coaching Managers/Supervison onsite.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- 3 yrs in a HR generalist role
- Knowledge of multi-site reporting and controls.
- Knowledge and experience of payroll processing, including year-end.
- Experience of working with HR systems
- Participation in Better Health at Work Award.
- Experiencing of working within a unionised environment