Mail Room Team Leader
Central Employment is delighted to work with a leading customer communications brand in Sunderland. Due to extensive growth they are looking for a new Mail Room Team Leader to lead and manage a team of approximately 20 operatives to ensure safe and efficient handling of incoming physical mails. Focus on maximizing automation and advancing mails to the next operational stage the role will include overseeing the smooth operation of the X-ray room and mail opening area.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader, the ideal candidate will have supervisory experience preferably in a related industry or contact centre environment.
- Ensure team members adhere to Company Policies & Procedures, prioritizing security and safety.
- Lead, engage, and support the team to meet individual and team performance targets.
- Conduct constructive one-to-one sessions and appraisals to optimize performance.
- Execute HR processes in line with Company Policy when necessary.
- Maintain up-to-date Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) aligned with key performance indicators.
- Adhere to operational deadlines and provide risk mitigation plans when needed.
- Accurately record MI data within specified timeframes and use available data for effective resourcing.
- Ensure high standards in operational processes through training and oversight.
- Conduct Quality Control checks and manage Risk Controls as designated.
- Resolve customer dissatisfaction and perform root cause investigations for SLA breaches.
- Encourage and implement ideas for performance improvement, including 5S best practices.
- Provide support in the absence of the Operational Lead.
- Ensure completion of mandatory training and compliance requirements.
- Collaborate with machine suppliers and internal technical stakeholders for new job setups and automation introductions.
- Strong understanding of automation processes and a passion for maximizing efficiency.
- Emphasis on regular preventative maintenance for optimal automation performance.
- Ability to inspire and motivate team members towards excellence in automation.
- Exceptional people management skills with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates high levels of people-smart acumen, humility, and a drive for self-improvement.
This role is an immediate start so please apply online (attaching your CV) as soon as possible. Please be advised that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to each application individually, please be assured that we will contact all applicants selected for interview in due course. Central Employment are an equal opportunities Employer.