Senior Logistics Operative
Following a period of unprecedented growth, a client of ours is now recruiting a Senior Logistics Operative for a new showroom and warehouse in Blaydon. This is a straight permanent position in an expanding company with lots of scope for growth and progression.
As a Logistics Operative your main responsibilities will include all aspects of warehouse operations ensuring the controlled and organised distribution of our products.
The role includes:
- Maintain the warehouse to a high standard and keeping a safe, clean, and risk-free work environment.
- Ensure all goods are received and dispatched in a timely fashion and full records are kept.
- Manage all stock with accurate records being kept while reporting any discrepancies.
- Operation of a Counterbalance Forklift Truck to load and unload deliveries.
To be considered for the role of Senior Logistics Operative you will require the following skills / attributes:
- FLT (Counterbalance Experience)
- Have a minimum of 2 years warehouse experience.
- Be a team player, but also be able to work independently using own initiative.
- Be computer literate and have experience of working with a stock control system.
- Have a ‘can do’ mentality and be prepared to roll-up your sleeves to bring service with passion. This is a hands-on position which requires a good level of physical fitness.
- Good understanding of quality control and scheduling.
Hours & Salary
- Permanent Position
- Monday to Friday / 8am until 5pm (Dayshift only)
- Salary £24-26k
- Overtime opportunities paid at time and a half
- 28 Days holiday per year – in addition to this you also get your birthday off.
- Bonus scheme at Christmas