Quality Product Technician
Central Employment are thrilled to be working with a retained eCommerce client who has been going through a significant period of growth. Due to expansion, they are looking for a Quality Product Technician to work alongside the Quality team ensuring product safety, defects and support new product development including compliance reviewed, fault finding and durability testing. The ideal candidate will have an electrical bias, and have experience working in a similar capacity within a Quality team.
- Completion of appropriate product testing, evaluation and reviews for safety, legislative compliance, quality, product operation, durability and fault finding.
- Qualification of product documentation and constructions to relevant safety standards and legislation.
- Perform tests and inspections of purchasing samples, subassemblies and production models using standard physical, mechanical and/or electrical measurements, legislative and internal assessment criteria.
- Test assigned equipment and appliances to ensure its proper functioning
- Inspect and pass or reject subassemblies or finished products as required
- Carry out random stock checks of products to enable quality compliance monitoring
- Maintenance and improvement of product documentation, evaluation processes and procedures to ensure systems are fit for purpose and robust for internal audit, including:
- Product and documentation evaluations, product testing and inspections.
- Compilation and control of Technical files, test reports and evaluation records.
- Maintain all controlled document files and test records in an appropriate manner
- Coordinate calibration of all testing equipment and fixtures
- Evaluate product complaints from customers and retail partners to identify root cause and draft a Plan of Action (POA) in response.
- Provide technical and legislative input to product development projects.
- Creation of reports and communications to internal and external stakeholders to ensure clear communication of product evaluations, improvements and business requirements.
Conduct product teardowns and perform root cause analysis on electrical and mechanical
- A working knowledge of electrical household product constructions, wiring, circuit boards and circuit components
- A working knowledge of testing equipment, requirements and procedures
- Several years’ proven experience in a consumer product electromechanical Engineering/Quality/Product testing or related industry
- Ideally degree educated or equivalent in Electronic/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering related subject
Please get in touch with George Hixon for further details.