Central Employment are delighted to be working with a manufacturing business based in Northumberland who are looking for a new Plant Manager. My client has been through a significant period of growth and now require a Plant Manager to run all day-to-day operations ensuring maximum efficiency and capability. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in a similar capacity for a circa 50 – 100 head count site. Preferably, your background will be from automotive, chemical, pharmaceutical or the food sector. This is a fantastic opportunity to shape the future of a growing business who are looking to establish a new base of operations further down the line, as they have outgrown their current facilities.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Direct reports will include, Quality Manager, Supply Chain Planner, Production & Warehouse Supervisors and developing a close working relationship with HR on all recruitment needs for the operation.
- To lead all aspects of production development, sourcing, inbound supply, manufacturing, logistics and fulfilment to provide operational leadership for a fast-moving and expanding business
- Full responsibility for all Health and Safety aspects of the site
- Positively managing and ensuring adherence to best practice, legal, regulatory and safety requirements, as well as OTIF targets and production efficiency
- Ensure that production is delivered on time and at a specified quality in volumes for sales/inventory, at minimum and sustainable costs to achieve company budget goals
- Lead and direct the site Senior team, ensuring that functional objectives and KPI’s for each Manager/Supervisor are achieved and that high-quality standards for all operations are maintained
- Ensure that employees follow company policies and procedures
- The position requires the ability to work in partnership with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful long-term business relationships are developed and maintained
- Proactively seeking opportunities to improve, develop and enhance our products and services
- Efficiently plan and coordinate all resources required for each department; reporting on site metrics to Senior Management – weekly, monthly calls and meetings organise including conference calls
- Lead on all customer audits and continuous improvement programmes for the site
- Responsibility for all plant preventative and breakdown maintenance
- Extensive leadership knowledge and experience with demonstrable experience of management within Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Food or Automotive.
- Good understanding of Lean Methodology and demonstrable experience implementing lean activities or encouraging a continuous improvement culture
- Operational expertise with a strong commercial mindset
- Extensive experience adhering to and management of Health & Safety compliance
- Ability to lead and engage with people setting comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Ability to manage multiple teams, projects and priorities
- Articulate, confident and assertive with excellent verbal reasoning skills
- Calm, collaborative, supportive and solution focused
- Able to lead whilst encouraging maximum engagement of employees
- Strong presentation, negotiating and influential skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate that will provide a challenging, progressive work environment as the business goes through a key transition phase. Please get in touch with George Hixon for further details.