We are currently recruiting for a manufacturer of plastic packaging for the food industry. We are the largest independent company in our field and have a growing product base which is supplied to various retailers throughout the UK.
Reporting to the shift manager, you will be working with a small team within the production environment to ensure the smooth running of the machines to achieve the quality and production targets at the highest level.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working in accordance with the company’s BRC Certification, Health & Safety policy and good manufacturing practice.
- Performing product changeovers, setups and run established tooling to the manufacturing specification, particularly within the production time targets.
- Diagnose and correct running faults in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicate progress and any issues that arise with the Shift Manager.
- Remove skeletal waste from the back end of the machine, following the SOP.
- Complete the required information on the IT system/job pack sheet, fully and accurately, especially the recording of downtime and the reasons.
- Maintain and improve machine efficiencies (ensuring index size is run on its minimum and machine runs maximum cycle time for product). As well as constantly improving toll change times.
- Identify tool prep requirements and communicate these and any defects to tooling technicians via the tooling check sheet.
- Ensure machines are maintained at the highest hygiene level possible.
- Control the process to maximise output but minimise scrap (use set up rolls wherever possible)
- Provide cover for production team, covering breaks and when not setting machines.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
The successful candidate should have the:
- Good verbal communication and listening skills, all communication both written and verbal must be in English.
- Ability to use own initiative to work as an individual or as part of a team unsupervised.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment to meet team expectations.
- Ability to operate computer equipment for data purposes.
- Ability to use a variety of measuring equipment.
- A methodical approach to systems and understanding of the importance of standards and established/agreed systems of work.
- Able to make decisions based on experience, have confidence to act and make changes within given boundaries.
- Good personal organisation under pressure from time, internal and external customers.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to read and understand written planning and follow verbal instructions
- A flexible approach to work
- Strong work ethic, must want to do tasks and understand their value.
- Reliable, general timekeeping and honesty, working unsupervised.
- Adaptable over a broad range of work.
- Motivated to take on new areas of work and learn new skills.
- Attention to detail, data accuracy and a ‘right first time’ approach.
- Willingness to embrace change and continuous improvement.
Salary: Starting rate is £10.00 after 5 weeks that would rise to £10.40 then from 12 weeks onwards once made perm it would rise again. (Paid breaks)
This is an hourly/weekly paid role. Overtime is paid at 1.25 rate.
Hours of work Alternating 7am – 19.00pm and 19.00pm – 7am