Senior Recruitment Consultant
Established in 1979, Central Employment is the oldest independent recruiter in the North East with over 40 years of industry expertise. Over the years, we have worked with and recruited for some of the largest businesses and brand names in the North East. Specialising in temporary, contract and permanent recruitment across a broad spectrum of industries supplying staff with full UK coverage
Purpose of a Senior Recruitment Consultant
Our Senior 360 Recruitment consultants are responsible for attracting candidates for jobs and matching them to temporary positions within a busy, fast paced industrial sector. You’ll build positive relationships in order to gain a better understanding of your clients’ recruitment needs and requirements. Working as a senior recruitment consultant, you’ll attract candidates by drafting advertising copy for use in a range of media, as well as by networking, headhunting and through referrals. You’ll screen candidates, interview them, run background checks, and finally match. You’ll also identify and lead on new business development opportunities within your dedicated market and discipline.
As a senior recruitment consultant, you’re the vital link between clients and candidates. The role is demanding, diverse and involves:
- using sales, business development, marketing techniques and networking to attract business from client companies
- visiting clients to build and develop positive relationships with them
- developing a good understanding of client companies, their industry, what they do, their work culture and environment
- advertising vacancies by drafting and placing adverts in a range of media
- using social media to advertise positions, attract candidates and build relationships
- headhunting – identifying and approaching suitable candidates who may already be in work
- using candidate databases to match the right person to the client’s vacancy
- receiving and reviewing applications, managing interviews and tests, and creating a shortlist of candidates for the client
- requesting references and checking the suitability of applicants before submitting their details to the client
- briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary, and benefits of the job in question
- preparing CVs and correspondence to forward to clients regarding suitable applicants
- organising interviews for candidates as requested by the client
- informing candidates about the results of their interviews
- negotiating pay and salary rates and finalising arrangements between client and candidates
- offering advice to both clients and candidates on pay rates, training, and career progression
- working towards and exceeding targets that may relate to the number of candidates placed, a value to be billed to clients or business leads generated
- Reviewing recruitment policies to ensure effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programmes.
- We’d also look to our senior recruitment consultants to train, mentor and develop junior team members.
What to expect
- The role can be challenging, but also exciting as the profession is fast-paced, target driven and demanding.
- Work is office based but time is also spent outside the office, meeting with clients and interviewing candidates.
- A smart personal appearance is important as the role involves meetings with clients and conducting interviews with candidates.
- Travel within the working day may be required to meet with clients.
You will need to show evidence of the following:
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- sales and negotiation skills
- a goal-orientated approach to work
- the ability to handle multiple priorities
- problem-solving ability
- the ability to meet deadlines and targets
- ambition and the determination to succeed
- confidence and self-motivation
- time management and organisational skills
- team-working skills
You must also enjoy working in a high-pressure environment and the responsibility that comes with it.
Work experience in recruitment (agency or in-house), sales and or customer-oriented role would be an essential for this particular opportunity.