Commercial Recruitment Consultant
Central Employment’s Commercial team are seeking a driven, ambitious and forward thinking Commercial Recruitment Consultant to join an experienced and growing team.
Commercial Recruitment Consultant:
Recruitment consultants are responsible for attracting candidates for jobs and matching them to temporary or permanent positions with client companies. You’ll build positive relationships in order to gain a better understanding of your clients’ recruitment needs and requirements.
Working as a Recruitment Consultant, you’ll attract candidates by drafting advertising copy for use in a range of media, as well as by networking, headhunting and through referrals. You’ll screen candidates, interview them, run background checks and finally match
As a recruitment consultant, you’re the vital link between clients and candidates. The role is demanding, diverse and involves:
- using sales, business development, marketing techniques and networking to attract business from client companies
- visiting clients to build and develop positive relationships with them
- developing a good understanding of client companies, their industry, what they do, their work culture and environment
- advertising vacancies by drafting and placing adverts in a range of media, such as newspapers, websites and magazines
- using social media to advertise positions, attract candidates and build relationships
- headhunting – identifying and approaching suitable candidates who may already be in work
- using candidate databases to match the right person to the client’s vacancy
- receiving and reviewing applications, managing interviews and tests and creating a shortlist of candidates for the client
- requesting references and checking the suitability of applicants before submitting their details to the client
- briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary and benefits of the job in question
- preparing CVs and correspondence to forward to clients regarding suitable applicants
- organising interviews for candidates as requested by the client
- informing candidates about the results of their interviews
- negotiating pay and salary rates and finalising arrangements between client and candidates
- offering advice to both clients and candidates on pay rates, training and career progression
- working towards and exceeding targets that may relate to the number of candidates placed, a value to be billed to clients or business leads generated
- Reviewing recruitment policies to ensure effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programmes.
What to expect
- The role can be challenging, but also exciting as the profession is fast-paced, target driven and demanding.
- Work is office based but time is also spent outside the office, meeting with clients and interviewing candidates.
- A smart personal appearance is important as the role involves meetings with clients and conducting interviews with candidates.
- Travel within the working day may be required to meet with clients.
You will need to show evidence of the following:
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- sales and negotiation skills
- a goal-orientated approach to work
- the ability to handle multiple priorities
- problem-solving ability
- the ability to meet deadlines and targets
- ambition and the determination to succeed
- confidence and self-motivation
- time management and organisational skills
- team-working skills
You must also enjoy working in a high-pressure environment and the responsibility that comes with it.
- Knowledge of working within a fast paced recruitment agency or in-house managing multi job roles, ideally across Sales, Marketing, IT and Office Professional.