UX & Optimisation Lead
Central Employment are working with a leading and global digital media network in Manchester, as they look to appoint a UX & Optimisation Lead joining their CRO & Data team. You will be part of a close-knit team of specialists that work together to create customer focused strategies to improve their clients’ website experiences.
This is a great opportunity to collaborate with other members of the team including Strategists, Data Analysts, UX Researchers, Designers and Developers. Sharing ideas with other experts provides the best results and enables your professional development in a way not available anywhere else.
As the UX Lead you will be responsible for the deliverables and development of Design and Research teams at an individual and product level. You will work with the senior team to ensure we are delivering excellent performance whilst balancing commercial efficiencies.
As a UX Lead, your focus will be:
- Direct Management of our Research and Design teams, providing them with the support they need for personal and product development. You do not need to be a designer to be successful with your application.
- Ensuring all research on clients’ websites meets required levels, and is used to improve clients’ online experiences.
- Support the team with planning, and delivery of research projects using a range of quantitative and qualitative methods to gain a true understanding of clients’ products and customers. This could include 1:1 moderated and unmoderated research, polls and surveys, heuristic evaluations, usability testing, eye tracking and card-sorting, amongst other.
- Determine new research methods that support the end-to-end delivery of experimentation for our clients. We conduct A/B testing, page/journey redesigns and optimisaion of acquisition audience targeting.
- Analyse our proposition and work with your team to develop, product offering, innovating and harnessing the skills of the team to ensure we’re at the forefront of CRO in the market
- Follow complex briefs from our clients and strategy teams, working with the team to determine the most appropriate research method and ensuring deliverables answer the brief and meet the required quality standards
- Instill a culture of evidence-based approach to website optimisation throughout the team, using quantitative and qualitative methods to truly understand of clients’ products and customers.
- Become an expert in all relevant UX tools & technology, providing training to the team
- Build relationships with the wider agency teams; such as PPC, SEO, Social, Affiliates, Analytics etc. Using these relationships to find ways to collaborate
- Find areas for revenue growth, increasing client investment, finding cross-sell opportunities or working with our sales team to bring in new clients
- Experience in a commercial environment, growing revenue and profitability
- Awareness of UX design principles, Data analytics, Website development and Content Management
- Experience of using web analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics
- Capability to analyse data and uncover insights and trends
- Knowledge of website management, either ecommerce trading, content creation or lead generation
The successful candidate will need to be able to lead a team of researchers and designers so the following skillsets are required:
- Ability to lead Researchers and Designers across various levels of experience
- You need to have comprehensive knowledge of UX, covering a variety of research methodologies. You do not need to be a designer, but should have an awareness of design principles.
- Excellent communication skills, being able to lead difficult client calls/meetings at short notice and steer them to actionable conclusions
- Ability to mentor and coach your team on all things UX, and instill a desire for them to continually learn and develop
- Passionate about customer behaviour, optimising online experiences and an interest in wider digital marketing activity