Software Innovation Lead (Rail/Transport)
Central Employment are delighted be working in partnership with a fast growing technology and software solutions provider as they look to appoint a Software Innovation Lead (Rail/Transport).
- To work with Start-up to Medium Enterprises (SMEs) size business to help them to adopt new innovative technologies to help improve customer experiences and business efficiency within the transport sector. The role will provide SMEs with access to a range of support, infrastructure, personal and workshops and subsequent new opportunities for innovative products or services.
- You support corporate innovation teams in their quest for new business opportunities. Working in a structured and agile way, you guide them through different phases of innovative product or service developments.
- You inspire the teams with the best practices in innovation, deep user understanding, and relevant tools and techniques. Where needed, you create your innovation playbook and cases.
- You guarantee a strong focus on understanding the customer & creating relevant experiments in order to achieve market validation. You are not only coaching this process, but also get your hands dirty and contribute to the content and ideas.
- One day you might discuss the innovation strategy & governance of a new accelerator. The week after, you’re facilitating your own brainstorm sessions with teams of intrapreneurs. In between, your train in-house ambassadors to spread the innovation virus within their organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide technology-based support to SMEs, giving them a technology led competitive advantage through the implementation of new solutions and exploiting the knowledge within the agency and supplier network.
- This will include raising awareness (running technology demonstrations, workshops and internships) and carrying out collaborative projects (delivery and project management where SMEs realise ideas and adopt new technology). This will help businesses to develop new products.
- To work with the clients Head Customer Experiences and Innovation and where appropriate the innovation partners to develop and update advisory services and content and workshops for SMEs.
Work with the innovation partner in recruiting and shortlisting start-ups for the incubator programs
- Evidence of strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to network within the business community
- Ability to work with diverse groups including businesses, entrepreneurs, major corporations, universities, the public and economic development organizations
- Ability to operate as a business professional and an effective educator, and show evidence of a willingness to fulfil both roles
- Experience of using Lean Start Up and Sprint methodologies
- Able to run and facilitate the following workshops.
- Sprint workshops
- Learn start up
- Value proposition design
- Design thinking
- Rapid prototyping
- Co-creation workshops
- User research
- Business model canvas
- You have an academic background in Business/ Design/ Innovation/ Engineering/ Digital
- You have 3 – 5 years of relevant experience in business modelling (eg as an innovation consultant, business designer, leading a startup team, product manager)
- You have extensive experience in applying Lean Start up principles (eg assumption mapping) and design thinking
- You have strong business analytical skills and are able to challenge a business case of a new venture, on-the-spot
- You are a future-thinker and generate new ideas with a clear business model
- You are able to formulate your own opinion, backed up with arguments and confidence
- You feel comfortable in the fuzzy front end of an innovation process, where at the same time you bring structure and are able to manage progress in innovation projects
- You have what it takes to thrive in our team: eager to learn, an open mindset, a team spirit, an entrepreneurial attitude and a ‘raise the bar’ mentality
- You are strong in one-on-one coaching (eg of intrapreneurs)
- Fluent in English and Welsh
- Agile project management qualification or working experiences.
- Experience in working with start-ups
- Experience in being part of growing company management team with supervisory experience and being a team player.
- Technical background with sound understanding of HTML, CS3, IoT, SaaS, PaaS, Cloud, Big Data and web development.
Previous record of building strong networks with business leaders
- Excels at rapport building with clients, mentors, support staff, and administration as needed to carry out job responsibilities in a professional manner.