Senior Graphic Designer/Creative Director
Central Employment are looking to appoint a talented Senior Graphic Designer/Creative Director based in Newcastle upon Tyne for an award-winning Marketing, Design and Digital agency, who operate on a national and international basis.
Senior Designer / Creative Director main purpose:
Reporting to the Head of Digital and Design, you’ll need to demonstrate a genuine thirst for knowledge and passion for all things design. You’ll be a designer with fresh ideas and very strong skills across branding, digital and print design.
Knowledge of the industry and latest trends is essential as your responsibility will cover a variety of clients operating in different sectors. This means you’ll have an excellent understanding and insights into current/future trends in graphic, web and interactive design along with e-mail marketing. You’ll also have up-to-date knowledge of the latest industry software to support your work and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
Duties & responsibilities
- Working on creative design projects involving print and digital deliverables for international B2B clients
- Responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact and this involves listening to clients and understanding their needs before making design decisions and suggesting concepts. Working collaboratively with a digital and design team to come up with world-class solutions.
- Required to work to briefs agreed with the client or account manager. This may include working with them to develop the brief.
- Creating brand identities, exhibition stand graphics and website designs for global B2B brands.
- Expected to present both externally to clients and internally to the team on a regular basis e.g. comfortable running brand workshops with senior business professionals.
- Manage a team of internal and freelance designers, ensuring the smooth flow of traffic from brief to delivery on deadline.
- Research to gain a deep understanding of clients in order to come up with creative ideas for their project.
- Be able to work across multiple clients and projects at any one time, delivering great outcomes consistently.
- Develop and work within corporate brand guidelines.
- Management of studio workload and team processes on behalf of the department.
- Taking ownership of workload, prioritisation and time management.
- Interpreting a brief and taking a project from concept through to completion.
- Liaise with suppliers to gather print quotes for the best price and quality for clients.
- Present ideas and designs internally and to clients.
- Briefing third parties and collaborators such as photographers.
- Strong leadership capability including development and mentoring of the design team
- Be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Have previous experience of both design for web and print.
- Have an exceptional eye for detail and skill in typography, layout, and imagery.
- Have an excellent understanding of the print process and techniques.
- Have an excellent understanding of digital techniques, best practice, and its limitations.
- 10+ years design experience, ideally in an agency environment
- A degree/relevant qualification in a design related subject.
- A strategic thinker with a creative streak and the ability to roll your sleeves up
- A strong track record of working on creative design projects involving print and digital deliverables for international B2B clients.
- Have a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced agency environment.