Senior Data Analyst
Central Employment are delighted to be working with a global biotechnology firm who are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to support the development of a new base of operations in the North East of England. I’m looking to speak with senior candidates within this field who have experience providing advanced expertise on statistical and mathematical concepts including exposure to model building using multiple technologies (R, SAS and SPASS). Demonstrable experience building highly complex design algorithms is essential. This role is key to align the business’ overall objective to evolve into an analytical and data-driven culture.
The Senior Data Scientist will perform the following key duties
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders within the business to identify discovery processes.
- Build upon the existing models/frameworks to provide improvement to analytical function including suggestions for improvement.
- Overseeing the junior data scientists giving advanced expertise on statistical and mathematical concepts.
- Play an analytical role researching, designing, implementing and deploying data analytics vision.
- Building and maintaining a large-scale analytics infrastructure to be used across the business and consistently conducting research, design, implementation and validation of advanced algorithms in order to enable the desired business outcomes.
- Identifying relevant and available data from both internal and external data sources
- Modelling complex discovering insights and identifying business opportunities using algorithmic, statistical, visualisation and mining techniques.
- 5 + years of software development with demonstrable experience data mining, model building using technologies like R, SAS and SPSS.
- Experience in building algorithms and mining models for multiple business scenarios
- Demonstrable experience applying best working practices and concepts of predictive and analytical modelling.
- Good history and understanding of real-time analytics, data modelling, analytical tools
- Demonstrable experience and working knowledge of architecture and design within Big Data.
- A strong leader with excellent commercial acumen with management or team leading experience
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Senior professional proficiency in oral and written communication including delivering presentations.
This is a unique offering providing an instrumental position that is key to the success of this project, please get in touch if you would like further details.