Digital Project Manager
Central Employment are delighted to be working with a leading software, technology consultancy based in Newcastle in their search for a new Project Manager. This an excellent opportunity to join a thriving business working in the SME & Enterprise market. The ideal candidate will have software house consultancy experience, be working towards SCRUM master certification or already be fully qualified. Experience working with a creative team to include UX & Develops would be a huge bonus.
As a Project Manager, you will lead on planning, executing and controlling multiple digital projects, including managing the project team and budget.
- Activity and resource planning.
- Resource management and administration, including updating Forecast, and working with the team to resolve any clashes in resource that may arise.
- Review holiday requests, ensuring sufficient resource is available to meet project deadlines.
- Organising and motivating the project team.
- Controlling time management and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Cost estimation and budget control.
- Managing risks in the project.
- Help to support the wider commercial team.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organisational skills.
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a given time.
- Experience with overseeing multi-function project teams that include UX, Creative, Developers and QA Personnel.
- Proven experience in budgetary control and stakeholder reporting.
- Proven experience in compiling scope of requirements documents, progress reports and change control documents.
- The ability to meet with clients and confidently drive face to face meetings.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels.
Nice to haves
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high levels of customer trust and confidence.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools, such as Jira, Azure DevOps, Microsoft Project and all Office tools.
- Qualified (or working towards) as a certified SCRUM Master.
This role is an immediate start so please apply online (attaching your CV) as soon as possible. Please be advised that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to each application individually, please be assured that we will contact all applicants selected for interview in due course. Central Employment are an equal opportunities Employer.